Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sbkickup Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 01:50 PM
    Military Police
    I'm getting ready to Join the Army National Guard, then I'm going through there active first program. I want to be in the military police, I've done my research on it, I've talked with other MP's, in fact my best friend is one. Some mebers of my family think that I'm making a mistake, that I'm too smart be an MP, that I need to be working with computers.
    And thnk about my life after the army.
    What should I do? I know that this is what I want to do. I just need some impute!
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2009, 01:57 PM

You're young enough to do what you think you will be good at and enjoy.

If you find out that you aren't that good at it, or don't enjoy it, then you can try something else.

If you are one of the lucky ones, you will find something you can enjoy while you make a living at it.

Jan 3, 2009, 10:15 AM

My Dad has been telling me that same thing, thank you!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 3, 2009, 10:20 AM

Why in the WORLD does your family not think that those either
    a) in the military
    b) on a police force
    c) both!

Don't need to be intelligent?

That's where I'd LOVE to see intelligent people place themselves IF that is what they want to do!

Jan 3, 2009, 10:43 AM

My folks are really cool about my me being an MP. I have an Uncle, who thinks that all MPs are idiot's, and that I let friends who are MP's talk me into that. This guy was in thrown in the brig a lot when he was in the navy.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 3, 2009, 10:51 AM

Sounds to me like the MPs were smarter than HIM!

Go for your dream! It's YOUR life, and YOUR dream--do what makes YOU happy!

Jan 3, 2009, 11:11 AM

Yep, It wasn't to smart of him to punch the XO.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When do I have to give police ID? [ 4 Answers ]

I mean, police can ASK whenever they want, but outside of traffic stops or 'ongoing criminal investigations', when am I obligated to provide ID/my name? I'm aware it's highly suspicious not to, but it's the principle of the matter... Thanks, Atticus

Police search [ 3 Answers ]

Is it legal for a police officer to come through a closed gate into a backyard and give alcahol breathtests when they receive a noise compaint?

Police Stop [ 3 Answers ]

In the U.K, is it legal for an off duty police person to arrest me having shown me his badge?

I got married to a military guy, and we got military housing [ 6 Answers ]

MY husband and I became eligible for base housing and took it, because the only time we would move in was that day. In my old apartment lease there is a military clause. However I got the apartment before I became married, and my husband is not on the lease. My landlord is saying that the military...

Should we go to the police? [ 25 Answers ]

Me and my friend have this friend and her boyfriend has been hitting her and he threatens her all the time and he even held a gun to her head at one point fallows her everywhere and has these freaky mind game type things and the other day he poked her in the eye and made her blind in one eye I mean...

View more questions Search