Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uvware Posts: 57, Reputation: 9

Jan 1, 2009, 12:16 PM
    What is the best way to sell old gold jewelry?
    I have old gold rings, necklaces, etc that I would like to sell. What is the best way to sell them? I see commercials on TV saying they will give cash for gold, but I feel strange sending gold through the mail to a company that I don't really know.

Also, what do I do with the semi precious stones in the rings? Do you normally just give the stones or ask them to take out and give you the stones back?

Thank you
    mrscoltweaver Posts: 240, Reputation: 20

Jan 1, 2009, 12:25 PM

Set up an Ebay account or go to a local resale or cosignment shop-they sell your stuff for you for a small fee. You may want to have the stuff appraised first, though so you know what you can make off it.
    mrscoltweaver Posts: 240, Reputation: 20

Jan 1, 2009, 12:27 PM

Oh, I also know some pawn shops will weigh the gold and give you the going rate in cash-that would be easiest and fastest.
    Cedric J Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 11:38 AM

Cash4Gold is one of the trusted sources for selling gold online, but there are definitely a lot of imitators popping up. So yeah, you do have to be careful.

If you need good advice on selling scrap gold, see this article.
    jennycarol Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 03:02 AM
    Cashforgoldusa is also a good buyer for gold. They also buy silver and diamonds.

You can sell your unwanted jewelry for cash to this company.

--
    Jenny
    PattiRabbit Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Sep 8, 2009, 02:29 PM

There are a lot of people who buy scrap gold off eBay, and they bid according to the gram weight and karat of the gold. If you decide to list your jewelry on eBay for scrap, remove the stones, weigh the gold, and include the karat and the gram weight in the description.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Sep 9, 2009, 12:53 AM

Most jewelers will be willing to weigh the jewelry and tell you how much it's worth as scrap. Unfortunately, it won't be worth much. You're better off selling it as jewelry.
    markricherson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 11:28 AM
    I found that if you know how much you want and the worth of the gold most online cash for gold company's will give you the requested price but you have to tell them that you want ex amount for the gold after they send the first check. FYI right now it is the best time to sell gold prices are through the roof good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gold jewelry [ 1 Answers ]

On my ring the imprint is 14k g. e. t. what is the g.e.t.

Gold jewelry [ 1 Answers ]

Please can you tell me the symbol on my gold 333 fbm id like to no which country and I've looked and can't find this mark and id like to no the age

About gold-electroplated jewelry [ 1 Answers ]

I just have read and re-read the FTC rules and searched all over the internet, but didn't find anything that would 100% clarify my doubts. So I really hope to get your input! My question is: would it comply with FTC rules to use term "18K gold g.e.p. (or 18K gold GEP, for that matter)" in item...

Getting money for gold jewelry [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to get money from gold jewelry. I know about pawn shops, is there other sources. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search