Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uvware Posts: 57, Reputation: 9

Jan 1, 2009, 12:11 PM
    How to get the best money for a diamond/platnimum ring?
    My husband gave me a radiant diamond engagement ring about 1.28 carats set in platinum with custom engraving. I also have a wedding band that is a half eternity band with about 1.3 carats of diamonds. I'm trying to sell my rings in order to have a custom ring made. How should I go about selling these rings to get the most money? The engagement ring is certifed but the eternity band is not.

Thank you,
    Staserbeam Posts: 33, Reputation: 7

Jan 1, 2009, 12:31 PM

If you are having a custom ring made, the jeweler that you use might be able to use the platinum or some of the stones from the rings that you already have. If not, a lot of jewelers (not retail chains) will buy them.
    An eternity band will be tough to sell to an individual because it cannot be sized since the diamonds go the entire circumference of the ring.
    I would suggest having it appraised and then checking with custom or local jewelers in the area.
    I would avoid pawn shops altogether.
    uvware Posts: 57, Reputation: 9

Jan 1, 2009, 09:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Staserbeam View Post
    If you are having a custom ring made, the jeweler that you use might be able to use the platinum or some of the stones from the rings that you already have. If not, alot of jewelers (not retail chains) will buy them.
    An eternity band will be tough to sell to an individual because it cannot be sized since the diamonds go the entire circumference of the ring.
    I would suggest having it appraised and then checking with custom or local jewelers in the area.
    I would avoid pawn shops altogether.
    Thank you very much!
    jennycarol Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 06:08 AM
    You may consider selling it online at
    http://www.cashfordiamonds.com/
    http://cashfordiamondsusa.com/

Or any of the auction websites.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight? [ 11 Answers ]

Which dioamond ring should I buy a solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight?

Which diamond ring should I buy? [ 3 Answers ]

Which dioamond ring should I buy a solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight?

Diamond ring [ 3 Answers ]

Does a diamond ring always have prongs holding the diamond in? Thanks p

Hallmark meaning on diamond ring [ 3 Answers ]

Hi There, I have a 1/2 carat diamond ring which has no hallmark as such but the following mark is on the inside of the ring 18ctPLAT. The ring is gold with a platinum setting for the stone but as it's not the normal hallmark I was wondering if anyone can shed any light. Any help appreciated...

View more questions Search