Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janetnpaul Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2006, 02:30 AM
    Worried about a friend
    This may be a long shot but can anyone tell me if a friend can be found by their e-mail address or mobile number? We were intouch with a friend in Athens up to 15 days ago when he last called us and we have not heard from him since, neither has his other friends we know. We are all becoming concerned about his well being but don't know where to start tracing him.
    Thank you in anticipation for any help you can give us.
    Janet & Paul
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Jul 19, 2006, 02:55 AM
    The short answer is No "we" cannot trace somebodys whereabout via these details.

I presume that you have sent an email called the mobile, etc? Did you have an itinery for him? Do you know where he is from, try and contact family there.

From Athens... perhaps he is just chilling on an "Islands Cruise", he may be in jail, hospital, any one of a hundred things (not all bad either) may have happened.

I have friends that are on a cruise and I don't expect to hear from them until they are on their way back to the UK (3-4 weeks).

Personally I wouldn't worry too much, if something has gone wrong then I'm afraid that you and his friends will not be informed.

I think it is too early to do that and wouldn't worry too much.

Good Luck
    Jay_Jay Posts: 74, Reputation: 15

Jul 19, 2006, 04:29 AM
    An option you do have is to Contact Athens Embassy for your country and they maybe able to help shed some light onto the matter.

Have you tried calling your friends family ?

Wish you look with this.

Jul 19, 2006, 05:25 AM
    Thank you both for your replies, I will give it another week before trying your advice. Friends we both know are due out there this week so will see if they come up with any news.
    Once again thank you.
    Janet & Paul
    Jay_Jay Posts: 74, Reputation: 15

Jul 19, 2006, 05:58 AM
    Your more than welcome, please come back and let us know how things go

Jul 20, 2006, 02:35 AM
    Good news, friends of ours who live in Zante have found our missing friend, he is in hospital after a bad accident and is doing well should be out of hospital soon.
    Thanks again for your help and advice, its nice to know there are people out there like yourselves.

Best wishes & good luck to all who use this site
    Janet & Paul

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Worried... [ 14 Answers ]

I have been really stressed out lately and I am findind myself unable to go to bed until the early hours of the morning (even thiugh I am tired) and I am not able to eat properly either. At times I feel sick (but never am sick). Yesterday I went to work (on an empty stomach) as I just wasn't...

Should I be worried [ 6 Answers ]

My Question I'm A 41 Year Old Female I Came On My Cycle June 28 And I Went Off July 3 From July 5 Until Now I Been Spotting And Little Heavy . This Never Happen And I'm A Lil Scared Is It Normal.:(

I'm worried about my best friend [ 3 Answers ]

OK so I have this friend and during the school year we were really close and all and I mean we still are but she is beginning to have some problems such as she has gotten back into smoking and drinking witch I got her out of when we became friends but she got back in with the wrong crowed and she...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

View more questions Search