Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    David Rader Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 10:22 AM
    I/O error
    In attempting to open some older files, the access is denied with a note stating that there is an I/O error. We have been on a Mac for over 12 years and those older files are all Clarisworks. How is it that we can open those files?
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Jan 1, 2009, 12:23 PM

What version Clarisworks were they created with, what are you trying to open them with, and what version of the Mac OS are you running now?
    David Rader Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 10:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vingogly View Post
    What version Clarisworks were they created with, what are you trying to open them with, and what version of the Mac OS are you running now?
    Created in Clarisworks 4
    Trying to open with Appleworks 6.2.9
    Running Mac OS 10.5.6
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2009, 10:32 PM

An I/O error used to mean the computer had trouble reading the media after a number of tries.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IE printing error: res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg error [ 15 Answers ]

I have seen about a dozen posts on different Web sites regarding this error. The most common fixes are related to an individual work station. We are experiencing this problem with our Web site and everyone accessing it is unable to print pages that are within frames. I tried the fixes on my...

Oracle Error 12560:tns Protocol Adapter Error [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Whenever I try to log in using SCOTT/TIGER userid, I get the error "ORA ERROR 12560:TNS PROTOCOL ADAPTER ERROR". I tried starting the listener from administration-> services, but still the problem persists. Can you please suggest a solution?

Printing Error-Script Error [ 1 Answers ]

When I try to print a window pops up: Internet Explorer Script Error Line:1174 I have tried several things: Quick Restore, checked Script debugging box.

View more questions Search