Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luvyrkez Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 10:05 AM
    Are parole officers required to answer to anyone?
    My sister is on parole and is still a mess. She is still doing drugs, driving on a suspended license, drinking, etc. (Her problem is 2 DWI's in less than 40 days:eek:) Anyway, her parole officer has has never checked on her, enforced her stipulations etc. Sh ehas talked to him 2 times since May. She is not getting any better and obviously has no incentive to turn her life around. Can I report this slacker of a parole officer to anyone?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2009, 10:24 AM

First, is she on probation or parole? Big difference there. Sounds more like probation to me if she's only spoken with PO twice since May. Probably unreporting probation as well.

If you feel it necessary you can call up and speak to her probation officer and explain your concerns about her present behavior is wrong. You must, however, be ready to give him some specific details of the drug use, the drinking and the driving on a suspended license for him to actually be interested in her. After you call the PO up, depending on how convincing you are with your information, he may decide to either pay her a visit in person or have her come in to his office for a visit. More than likely if she comes into his office she will be given a drug test there on the spot. If the results come back positive,he will violate her probation and she will have to attend a probation violation hearing and the judge will decide her fate of either jail time, more probation, etc.
    luvyrkez Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 10:41 AM
    I thought she was on parole,m but could be wrong. We have given the PO proof that she has violated and is still getting into drugs. He says that he will be out to check on her and never shows.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2009, 10:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by luvyrkez View Post
    My sister is on parole and is still a mess. She is still doing drugs, driving on a suspended license, drinking, etc. (Her problem is 2 DWI's in less than 40 days:eek:) Anyway, her parole officer has has never checked on her, enforced her stipulations etc. Sh ehas talked to him 2 times since May. She is not getting any better and obviously has no incentive to turn her life around. Can I report this slacker of a parole officer to anyone?

What State?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2009, 05:57 PM
    Hello luv:

The PO is a COP - NOT a social worker. He's not there to HELP his clients. He's there to BUST them if they screw up.

If you want to HELP your sister, reporting her to the COPS ain't it. Get her a SOCIAL WORKER. Get her TREATMENT. Get her a COUNSELLOR. Anything BUT the cops.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fashion Designer needed to answer 10 questions for required school project [ 1 Answers ]

I really need two fashion designers to interview for a required school project. It will take ten minutes and I will NOT give ANY information of yours away. If you are willing to answer a few questions, email me! Thank you SO much for whoever helps me with this... you don't know how much this means...

Directors vs. Officers [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Can anyone tell me the difference between a director of a company or an officer? Does one have more control over another? Thank you in advance.

Law, Warning issued by officers [ 2 Answers ]

Does a warning for speeding issued by a police officer go on my record and if so for how long does it stay on there? I live in Iowa.

Military Officers Question [ 3 Answers ]

If a commissioned officer in the National Guard commits an offense against the Uniform Code of Military Justice and gets out (not retire) of the military fearing their command finding out, but still maintains privileges of an ID etc… Can they be brought back to be held accountable? Can the officer...

View more questions Search