Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2009, 09:58 AM
    Facebook page (not group).
    Note that National Geographic's Facebook page images link directly to nationalgeographic.com.

National Geographic | Facebook

How do they do that? I've not found it in the help section...
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Jan 1, 2009, 12:10 PM

I think they've done this through the features available on a business Page:

Create a Page | Facebook
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2009, 12:17 PM
    That's true Vin.

A page can be created on Facebook at no charge,but there are certain rates for promoting these pages, targeting specific networks and/or age groups.
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2009, 06:34 AM

I am aware of the promotion/advertising options but am not seeing where or how one can put a link with images.

The page I am working on is a business page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Biblic...ty/45775980670
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2009, 08:24 AM

Rick,
    Have you clicked on "promote page with an Ad"
    It will take you to a page with options-

What do you want to advertise?
    I have a web page I want to advertise.

I have something on Facebook I want to advertise:
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 10:50 AM

Yes, I saw those... but after walking through them saw that they are about the ads on the right of the page... Is there a paid ad option that I've not seen that allows the business to link "main page" images to other sites?
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2009, 11:25 AM

Facebook Pages Insider's Guide

Maybe this could help you Rick?

EDIT::
    Also these applications might help.
    http://www.facebook.com/FacebookPages
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2009, 06:40 AM

Thanks! That site has some good stuff! I haven't yet confirmed exactly how national geographic did it, but it would not surprise me to find that either 1. they're paying for it, or 2. they're big enough to have some "pull" with Facebook to get it done outside the norm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Error on Facebook page [ 12 Answers ]

I got error on Facebook page I can't even send any mail from Facebook nor I can delete something.I got 1yellow color icon at the bottom on the left side showing "done,but with errors"I mean I can login and I can't see the right side of the Facebook home page.

Facebook "Error on Page Message" [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me to fix the problem every time I use Facebook. Every time on the left side there is the message error on page. If I click on it the is the message: Line: 88 Char:69 'this.parent' is null or not an object Code: 0 Login | Facebook I have been trying to fix this sine 5 hours,...

Error on page. Facebook [ 11 Answers ]

I have recently signed up for face book and had no problems adding friends and sending messages until yesterday... I can log in and see my homepage, profile and others profiles but not able to send messages or use applications because it says a bottom left hand side error on page or done with...

Facebook - error on page [ 4 Answers ]

When I log in to Facebook I get a error message and yellow symbol in bottom left corner. Line:38 Char: 1 Error: 'Ajax' is undefined Code: 0 URL:Facebook | Login I have deletede temporary internet files and cookies and unchecked notofication about script error in adv settings under internet...

Huge Word Doc Too Many Page Sizes - Unable to Change Page Setup [ 8 Answers ]

Windows Vista Microsoft Word 2003 SP3 I've a 298 page word doc which was created by: a) scanned into a PDF document b) using Abbyy FineReader Optical Character Recognition OCR software I turned it into a Word Doc Now, the problem is that while the majority of the Word Doc has paper set to...

View more questions Search