$1 silver certificate 1935 E blue seal
    $1 silver certificate 1935 F blue seal
    Silver Dollar

:confused:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2009, 07:24 PM

Hi, a5790papa!

Flying Blue Eagle is a person on this site who has the current documentation concerning the possible monetary value of such things. As such, I'm sure that he will be along eventually to address your post.

In the meantime, and as per Flying Blue Eagle's request, it would be helpful if you would post the following information concerning the currency that you have. I know that you have already provided some of the information that is asked for in the quote that is below.

#1 - Series date, Example 1935, 1935A ,1935B, etc.
    #2 - Signatures - Example - Priest -Anderson
    #3 - Color of seal,- color of serial numbers, Is there a star before or after the serial numbers, what color?
    #4 - What is written above on the very top, Example - SILVER CERTIFICATE<Federal reserve notes, treasury or coin notes. Legal tender notes, etc. etc.
    Thanks!
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2009, 07:25 PM
    What the paper money is worth monetarily will also greatly depend on the graded condition of them. Do you know what the graded condition of them is?

If you might not, then what is below should be helpful to you. Flying Blue Eagle will also need to know what the possible graded condition of it is.

What is posted below is quoted from the following site and is for paper currency. 1.9) How do you grade the condition of paper money?

1.9) How do you grade the condition of paper money?

The condition of a note is critical to its value. Lowering the
    grade of a note one notch can decrease its value by 1/3 or even
    1/2. An expensive note which falls between two categories might
    be worth a thousand dollars more in the higher category than the
    lower one. Thus, it's often important to be more precise than
    using a limited number of categories.

But here's a general guideline. Note that many dealers have
    slightly different grading systems, especially with various
    sub-grades of uncirculated. There's no official system of grading,
    unfortunately. But these are pretty much universally accepted.
    I've received a lot of input and tried to hammer out the best
    descriptions for each category.

Crisp Uncirculated, UNC or CU: This means absolutely not the
    slightest sign of any handling or wear or folding or *anything*.
    Some people use additional grades to distinguish qualities such
    as perfect centering or other printing characteristics. Certainly
    a note which has centering problems which are visible from a
    distance of 1 meter (3 feet) should have this mentioned in the
    condition description.

Almost Uncirculated (or About Uncirculated), AU: This means there
    is a slightly detectable imperfection such as a counting fold on one
    corner or slightest fold in the center (nothing which breaks the
    surface of the paper) or a pinhole. At first glance it looks like
    an UNC note.

Extremely Fine, EF or XF: Generally three light folds or one strong
    fold which breaks the surface. There may be slight rounding at the
    corners.

Very Fine, VF: May have several folds although the note is still
    crisp and has a minimum of dirt. There may be minor tears or very
    small holes but nothing which distracts from the overall appearance
    of the note. Take an uncirculated note and crumple it once in your
    hand, then flatten it out: this is a Very Fine note. Repeat the
    crumpling and it's still pretty much a VF note.

Fine, F: A circulated note where individual folds and creases may
    no longer be visible. To distinguish this from a VF note, when
    inspecting a Fine note, it clearly does not look like a note which
    has merely been crumpled a few times: It doesn't have the crispness
    and brightness of a VF note. No tears may extend into the printing.
    This is your average in-the-wallet note.

Very Good, VG: Tears and small holes can be present. The note is
    not crisp at all. The is your lower quality in-the-wallet note.
    Lots of people on the 'net don't realize that a note in "very good"
    condition is really pretty lousy.

Good, G: Small pieces missing, graffiti. A worn out note.

Fair: Major tears, etc. A badly worn out note.

Poor: Even worse.

To grade a note precisely, it can help to hold the note about
    20 cm (7 inches) under a strong light source (use the same source
    for comparing notes) and on top of a white piece of paper and
    use a 3x or 4x power magnifying glass. Make sure your hands are
    clean before handling a note. This method will show a lot of
    minor imperfections which are not normally visible.

Note that note from many countries have standard features which
    exist for even Uncirculated notes. Some notes from Bangladesh,
    Bhutan, Burma/Myanmar, India, Nepal, and Pakistan are only found
    with staple holes where staples are always used to hold packs of
    notes together. Most dealers list Uncirculated notes of this type
    as having the usual staple holes (often abbreviated as uSH-UNC).

Also, some notes printed in France (for about 15 different
    countries) have a slight crinkle effect.
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2009, 07:36 PM
    Concerning the grading of your silver dollars, what is quoted below from the following site might be helpful to you. This list isn't as complete as I would like it to be, but should give you an idea as to things that you can look for on the coins.

Grading Silver Dollars: How To Determine The Grade Of A Silver Dollar - The Fun Times Guide to Coins

Morgan Silver Dollars

AU-55
    Obverse: Slight trace of wear shows on hair above ear and eye, edges of cotton leaves, and high upper fold of cap. Luster fading from cheek.

Reverse: Slight trace of wear shows on breast, tops of legs, and talons. Most of mint luster still present although marred by light bag marks and surface abrasions.

AU-50
    Obverse: Traces of wear show on hair above eye and ear, edges of cotton leaves, and high upper fold of cap. Partial detail visible on tops of cotton blossoms. Luster gone from cheek.

Reverse: There are traces of wear on breast, tops of legs, wing tips, and talons. 3/4 of mint luster still present. Surface abrasions and bag marks are more noticeable than for AU-55.

EF-45
    Obverse: Slight wear on hair above date, forehead, and ear. Lines in hair well detailed and sharp. Slight flat spots on edges of cotton leaves. Minute signs of wear on cheek.

Reverse: High points of breast are lightly worn. Tops of legs and right wing tip show wear. Talons are slightly flat. Half of mint luster still present.

EF-40
    Obverse: Wear shows on hair above date, forehead, and ear. Lines in hair well detailed. Flat spots visible on edges of cotton leaves. Cheeks lightly worn.

Reverse: Almost all feathers gone from breast. Tops of legs, wing tips, and feathers on head show wear. Talons are flat. Partial mint luster visible.

VF-30
    Obverse: Wear shows on high points of hair from forehead to ear. Some strands visible in hair above ear. There are smooth areas on cotton leaves and at top of cotton blossoms.

Reverse: Wear shows on leaves of wreath and tips of wings. Only a few feathers visible on breast and head.

VF-20
    Obverse: Smooth spots visible on hair from forehead to ear. Cotton leaves heavily worn but separated. Wheat grains show wear.

Reverse: Some leaves on wreath are well worn. Breast is smooth and only a few feathers show on head. Tips of wings are weak but lines are complete.

F-12
    Obverse: Hairline along face is clearly defined. Lower 2 cotton leaves are smooth but distinct from cap. Some wheat grains merging. Cotton blossoms flat but the two lines in each show clearly.

Reverse: 1/4 of eagle's right wing and edge of left wing are smooth. Head, neck, and breast are flat and merging. Tail feathers slightly worn. Top leaves in wreath show heavy wear.

VG-8
    Obverse: Most details in hair are worn smooth. All letters and date are clear. Cotton blossoms flat and leaves merging in spots.

Reverse: Hair of eagle's right wing and 1/3 of left wing are smooth. All leaves in wreath are worn. Rim is complete.

G-4
    Obverse: Hair is well worn with very little detail remaining. Date, letters, and design clearly outlined. Rim is full.

Reverse: Eagle is worn nearly flat but is completely outlined. Design elements smooth but visible. Legend is all visible and rim is full.

AG-3
    Obverse: Head is outlined with nearly all details worn away. Date readable but worn. Legend merging into rim.

Reverse: Entire design partially worn away. Rim merges into legend.

Peace Silver Dollars

AU-55
    Obverse: Trace of wear shows on hair over ear and above forehead. Slight wear visible on cheek.

Reverse: High points of feathers on right wing show a trace of wear. Most of mint luster still present although marred by light bag marks and surface abrasions.

AU-50
    Obverse: Traces of wear visible on neck and hair over ear and above forehead. Cheek shows slight wear.

Reverse: Traces of wear show on head and high points of feathers on right wing. 3/4 of mint luster still present. Surface abrasions and bag marks are more noticeable than for AU-55.

EF-45
    Obverse: Hair around face shows slight wear but most hair strands are visible. Lower edge of neck lightly worn.

Reverse: Top of neck and head behind eye show slight wear. Central wing and leg feathers lightly worn. Half of mint luster still present.

EF-40
    Obverse: Slight flattening visible on high points of hair. Most hair strands clearly separated. Entire face and lower edge of neck lightly worn.

Reverse: Wear shows on head behind eye and top of neck. Some flat spots visible on central wing and leg feathers. Partial mint luster is visible.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2009, 07:44 PM

a5790papa- ON your SILVER DOLLARS< I will need the <MINT MARK ON EACH ONE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ON THEM> { The mint mark will be on the reverse ( BACK SIDE).ON the 1884"JUST ABOVE THE "D" IN DOLLAR ON BOTTOM center. ON the others the mint5 mark is on the reverse just to the left of the eagles tail, just below the word 'ONE', SOME mint mark will be below the wreathin centerON the paper currency- $ 5.00,Silver certificate, SERIES 1953A, SIGNATURES- PRIEST-ANDERSON, #1 is a star note,the other is a normal note(.* note)IN VF-20-$25.00 -UNC-63- $ 75.00 The reg noteIS VF-20$8.50: UNC -63 $ 35.00::$2.00 NOTE- SERIES 1963, UNITED STATES NOTE,RED seal,Signatures - GRANAHAN- DILLON: REG NOTE :VF-20- $6.50 UNC -63- $12.00 { * ] Would be $10.00 and $30.00:: $2.00 -1976- FED. Resv. Note-green seal: SIGNATUREs NEFF-SIMON: VF-20- I WILL NEED THE ISSUING BANK NAME:? (ANSWER)Iwill have to go to another box:: F.B.E.
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2009, 08:26 PM

PaPa- FOR MORE:: $1.00 SILVER CERTIFICATE_ SERIES 1957, BLUE SEAL; SIGNATURES- PRIEST- ANDERSON:: VF-20- $3.00 UNC-63- $9.00( * ) NOTE IS $4.00 $15.00: $1.00 S/CERT. SERIES- 1957A: BLUE SEAL;SIGNATURES- SMITH-DILLON:: VF-20- $3.00 UNC-63- $9.00: (*)note_ $4.00 & $15.00:: $1.00 S/C; SERIES 1935C: SIGN>, JUILIAN-SNYDER: VF-20-$3.00: unc-63$15.00 A (*) note $15.00 & $65.00 ; $1.00 s/c- SERIES 1935E- BLUE SEAL: SIGN.PREIST-HUMPHREY: VF-20-$3.00 UNC63-$12.50: (*) NOTE- $5.00 & $17.50::$1.00 S/C SERIES 1935F- This will be same as -1935e SERIES: FOR A SET YOU NEED 1935B & 1935D series::Ineed you to look real close to the 1884 silver dollar , IT COULD VERY WELL BE A ( TRADE DOLLAR ) MINT MARKS WILL BE :none,LETTERS OF {P}{O][CC][D][S]on the trade dollars- there is 2different modifications on the reverse 7 on the obverseside 2:: FORGOT on mint mark {S} OVER{ CC} All so can be found::THE trade dollars was from ( 1873 to FEB.1885} in 1884 &1885 these were unknown by collectors until 1908, they are not listed in mint directors report, and collectors believe that they were not part of a regular mint issue; I hoper this helps sio far ill get back on it tomorrow night , I have some more informatio for you on this early one ;; F.B.E.
    a5790papa Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 06:38 AM
    Does this help
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2009, 10:37 PM

a5790papa-I STUDIED your post of the coinand " SORRY" not a trade dollar: I wish it would have been, AS I posted earileer , the 84 &85 trade dollars were unknown until 1908, the 84 went at actuion ,NOV-05 for $ 603,750,:: THE one you have BY what I can make out on the post of it ,IT will be ( EF-40 or could possiblty go as AU-50) : the EF-40- VALUE is $ 22.00:: AT AU-50- $30.00. A honest collector would give more then book value:: I know I would ,MORE so if I needed ithat coin to complete a SET:: YOU can read CLOUGHS post above to get your own VALUE AS wrettin out of book I use the 2008 RED BOOK_ ON USA coins:: HAPPY NEW YEAR AND GOD BLESS F.B.E.
    coins Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 10:25 AM
    Need to know the value of a $5.00 1934 silver certificate L73272894A
    coins Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 10:29 AM
    Comment on a5790papa's post
    Could you give me the value of a$5.00 1934 silver certificate L73272894A

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Value of a silver certificate dollar [ 2 Answers ]

I have a silver certificate dollar series 1935e. The serial number is V02133173G. THe condition is fair. One minor rip and there is 2 folds. I am looking for the value of this. Thank You. Mandy Reigle

Us dollar bill silver certificate [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please tell how much is the 1957 us dollar bill silver certificate worth?

Silver dollar coins [ 4 Answers ]

How much is a 1892 silver dollar coin worth

What is the value of a silver certificate dollar [ 6 Answers ]

B0472392I Series 1935E B7974

Dollar silver certificate [ 6 Answers ]

I would like know the value of a mint condition series 1957A dollar bill #L75552165 A.

View more questions Search