Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wmiddlemas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 08:19 AM
    Slow internet Connection
    Hi, I live in Italy and until recently I have had a pretty fast internet connection, but now it is very slow especially with some sites. I tested my connection speed and it is fine -- even fast, but when I connect to many sites, it takes a long time while the browser "looks up the site". What does that mean ? Once the site is found, then the page is rendered almost immediately but it takes 10-15 seconds or longer before the site is found.

Thanks
    PSPHelp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2009, 09:32 AM
    Have you got broadband if so don't worry its just the sites.many sites get crowded and tend to take longer.Hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I cannot access to internet but the internet connection is good [ 10 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a problem, and I have no clue about it. I have a wireless internet connection and I don't know what happened but I can not access to the internet. The wireless connection is fine, there is the green icon saying that the signal is perfect, but when I open the internet...

Slow, slow connection [ 11 Answers ]

Hey guys, The last couple of days my computer has been slower than a turtle. The problem occurs when I connect to the internet and try to view web pages. It takes minutes on end to view a page or for a page to download. When I get fed up and close the page it always says unresponsive webpage...

Slow Network Connection [ 1 Answers ]

I need help in determining why my network connection has slowed after being added to a new domain. This is a concern because there are approximately 50 other computers linked to this new domain with no problems. The problem occurred when our system administrator had swapped one win 2000 server out...

Ethernet connection slow, wireless is fine [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am using the Actiontec MI-424WR or MI424WR router that I am provided by verizon. My service provides 15 Mbps down 2 Mbps up. When I first got the service earlier this month tests done at speakeasy showed 15/1.7 which was normal. The past week or so, my connection has deteriorated to being...

Slow DSL connection [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am having very slow dsl connection speed. Its only gives the bandwidth of 180kbps. It was supposed to give the banwidth of 380kbps+. System specs are CPU 1.49ghz,athlon,winxp,256 RAM,cnet lan card. I tried changing the computer terminal by connecting to the same DSL. The speed was 390kbs....

View more questions Search