Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blacksafari1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 07:49 AM
    The rules of the bathroom
    Are teachers allowed to restrict how many times a student is to go to the bathroom
    If so why have I heard of people suing because of this very reason yet there are still so many schools continuing to follow the trend
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2009, 07:52 AM

Is this in High School? When I went through school we were expected to tend to our toiletry needs between classes. You will have similar requirements at a workplace as adults and they treated us as adults.

Nowadays, people are just looking for an opportunity to sue. If you are over 8 and can't manage your bladder I think that is really sad.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2009, 07:03 AM

It will depend on the teacher, the school and the school district as policies will vary. There is a fine line that has to be looked at. How often is enough? How often is too much? Where do you draw the line? Does it depend on the age of the child? This is one area you will never have everyone's agreement on.

People obviously need to use the bathroom, and you can't always regulate when you might have the need. However, teachers will often have students who will ask to leave numerous times and not really be leaving to use the toilet. Sometimes they are meeting friends, sometimes they are causing trouble, sometimes they are hoping to skip out on work they don't want to do, always they are missing out on learning.
    princessdiana28 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 09:08 PM

You can limit the number of times a student goes to the restroom because as other members have stated, some are just going for the sake of going. As a teacher, I suggest that if your child needs to use the restroom more frequently talk to her/his peditrician and you could easily get a note stating the medical reason behind it. However, I know my students well enough to know if they really have to go or if they just want to leave the classroom. And... yes people are "sue happy." Inmates have also sued and won because they were not served steak on a weekly basis!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rules of a BBQ [ 5 Answers ]

MENS... BBQ RULES It is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity, as it's the only type of cooking a 'real' man will do, probably because there is an element of danger involved. When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of...

Bio oil rules [ 1 Answers ]

I have read that bio oil is supposed to reduce the appearance of stretch marks. I have been out and bought a little bottle of it for £9. I have nearly finished it in 2 weeks, just by applying it twice a day. Does anyone know the rules to it... Can you apply too much? Does anyone recommend it?...

View more questions Search