Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gonavy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2006, 07:18 PM
    Could I be pregnant?
    Well about a month ago I had protected sex and well I'm a type of person to stress about every little thing. I have been nauseous on and off all day but never needing to throw up and I have been burping quiet often as well as being bloated. Could my mind be making me feel nauseous. I haven't had any other symptoms but I would like a second opinion. I would really appreciate any comments you might have.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2006, 10:58 AM
    Well, unfortunately, until youget that possitive sign, or you get and ultrasound/hear a heart beat, there is really no sure way to tell if you are pregnant. I missed two periods ina row, had all the symptoms, but no possitives. Finally here I am, and I 9 weeks late, I started my period, andhad a normal go at it. Yes you could be making these symptoms up in your mind if you want to be pregnant really badly, or even if you are terrified of getting pregnant. The mind is a powerful thing.and still sometimes, your body just skips a beat in the scheme of things, like mine just did. Once you have missed your first period, take a test. But until then, I am afraid the only thing you can do is grit your teeth and hold on, in the ride of the waiting game.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 19, 2006, 11:03 AM
    You said you had "protected" sex about a month ago right? What kind of protection?

While it is possible, it is unlikely. Yes, your mind is a powerful thing. If you stress enough you can possibly get pregnancy symptoms, skip a period, the whole gamut except for being pregnant. This is what is called a pseudopregnancy (false pregnancy). Your best bet is to take a test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I pregnant? [ 44 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: :confused: please somebody tell me if this sounds like I am pregnant. I started with a thick whitey discharge that didn't smeel or itch Veins especially in my breasts started to show more Breasts look like they have grown slightly Feel fluey, stuffy nose all the time but...

Could I be pregnant? [ 10 Answers ]

Is it possible to be pregnant even with my period so irregular? My last period was January 2006, and I didn't have my period in Feb, and March, but I believe I conceived sometime in April. But I have been having all the symptoms, cramping, nausea, vomiting, my friends tell me my stomach is getting...

Can I be Pregnant? [ 9 Answers ]

I have 2 questions... I have taken a home pregnancy test and have come up negative. I am approximately 2 weeks late for my menstrual cycle. Could I be pregnant and they tests just not detecting the pregnancy hormone? Also, if I am not pregnant and I have just missed this month's period, can I still...

Pregnant? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I'm 22 and on feb 24 I had a reg period but in mar I came on early da 22 and it was barely any bleeding and it was light pink I used a panty liner the whole time now April I didn't come on until the 21st the same thing extra light and only for two days.I took 4 hpt's and all said negative do...

View more questions Search