Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gav91 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 06:03 AM
    Need Assistance With Advertising!
    OK so basically I am the founder of a style of Mixed Martial arts called TAOF which is in early stages and will not be ready to run until I get good advertisement and build a reputation. So far me and a student/colleage have published a series of books which we need to sell.

Therefore I wish to ask what would be the best and possibly the cheapest way of advertising? And whether you know of any companies who would be willing to help us advertise. :confused:

Thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2009, 09:45 PM

Hi again, Gav91!

What sort of things have you already done to market what you do other than publish some books? Also, what would be some goals that you have for this business and how are you presently set up to run it, please?

More specifics concerning what you're wanting to do would be really helpful here!

I can definitely guide you with how to advertise on the Internet and with promoting your business, but more information would be appreciated from you.

Thanks!

Jan 2, 2009, 05:14 AM

Thanks for the reply, as my series of books is based on a wide range of fighting styles, I have been visiting local clubs allowing them to see why they should a) buy the book b) train with TAOF I also have an online presence at thisiskyokushin.proboards.com with currently 8 members worldwide- which is poor!

The business at the moment is basically a self publishing organisation which is focusing on these books, once I have built reputation I aim to open training halls in the West Sussex area (UK). However in the businesses current state, it would not be wise to open a training halls as we are simply not making the money.

I know starting a business has its risks but is there any way to advertise on a large scale which would reduce costs as much as possible.

In regards to the running of the TAOF, I am in partnership with a student which I have trained with in another martial arts.
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2009, 05:25 AM

Is your online presence thisiskyokushin which I see at ProBoards® Support - Home

Thanks!

Jan 2, 2009, 05:34 AM

Yes, again this is in early stages, where we plan to iron out the creases in 2009!
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2009, 05:53 AM

I just joined that site to see what it's about and sent you a message there. Please let me know if you received it.

Thanks!

Jan 2, 2009, 06:14 AM

It has not come through I'm afraid the direct link is as follows:

THIS IS KYOKUSHIN™ - Home

Jan 2, 2009, 07:46 AM

Please check the reply I made on the website

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advertising a Painting Co [ 8 Answers ]

I just got hired to advertise a small painting business. I just did their web site but they are on a very low budget so I just made them a very cheap one from a template. & they didn't want hosting so Google doesn't even recognize them at all! I need to figure out how to market their business with...

Advertising in monopoly [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I want to get an answer of a question mentioned below: Why & how advertisement is often used as a combative strategy by a firm?

Advertising tips [ 6 Answers ]

I am startimg a new landscaping co. What is the best way to get the name out on a limited budget. I have passed out hundereds of flyers and not getting much result.

False advertising? [ 5 Answers ]

I found an ad that displayed a price of 600$ for two rooms. I was delighted because If I found a roomie it would be cheap rent. So I found a roomie and we each signed a lease for it. We asked the landlord if we split the rent and he said yes (while we were looking at the lease), so we signed. ...

Advertising expenses [ 1 Answers ]

In a manufacturing company, advertising expenses would be classified as: -direct expense - manufacturing overhead -period expense -product expense

View more questions Search