Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hypothermic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 05:17 AM
    Felony Probation Metting Missed: Malicious Destruction of Property [MDDOP] | MICHIGAN
    Hello,

I am to report to my Probation Officer on the First of Every Month; however, January 1st is New Year's Eve.
    I have always reported when needed once a month - even if I have only seen him 3 times so far.

My mother, too, works for the Michigan Department of Corrections, and she did not have work today.
    I have a 5 year Felony for MDOPP, because of the value of the damage, however, I am a good child.
    I do not want to have any probation violations and avoid any more affair.
    However, today is a Holiday, New Year's, so I was rather confused; my mother and father had no work.

Thank you for any information you may have regarding this problem.
    I will be contacting the Probation Department tomorrow to speak with my Officer and collect additional information.

Christoph Havaldur
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 1, 2009, 06:22 AM

Probation officers (* in office) normally do not work holidays
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2009, 06:29 AM

You should have been assigned an alternate date to meet with your PO back in December or should have called prior to missing the date. More than likely you will have to meet with your PO on January 2nd. Call as soon as their office opens today and see when you have to report and then make that appointment regardless of whatever else you have to do. You do not want to miss any appointment. In the future, get this worked out ahead of time. It is up to YOU, not the PO to be sure you have the correct appointment date.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you become a police officer in Michigan with a expunged felony? [ 17 Answers ]

Can you become a police officer in Michigan with a expunged felony

Felony probation felony violation-what will happen? [ 15 Answers ]

I have a godson whose mother is a convicted felon for forgery/writing checks, and is on felony probation, she was recently arrested, they had a bench warrant out for her arrest. She went to court, plead guilty, and went to court this morning to see what the charges were, they consisted of: usage of...

Where can a felony get a job in detroit Michigan? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm been looking for a job for the past 2yrs and employees don't hiring felonies help...

Destruction of personal property [ 11 Answers ]

I lived with someone who took all of my personal possessions,kept them and got rid of them I wrote to them telling them that I wanted them back, they never called me or wrote to me regarding my possesions its been 3 years I have recently talked with them and they said that they got rid of my...

View more questions Search