Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johndoe99 Posts: 167, Reputation: 21

Dec 31, 2008, 07:47 PM
    Spy Movie like Thirty-Nine Steps
    Need a bit of help here:

I was watching the Thirty-Nine Steps (1978) last night, and it triggered a memory from a movie I saw at least 16 years ago.

The movie was based around the same era as the Thirty-Nine Steps, from what I can remember there was a man he may or may not have been a spy, for whatever reason he was on the run in Germany (think it was called Prussia then), a man living in Prussia takes him in and is later found out and killed, the spy is then chased by prussian agents and the spy falls into a river and escapes.

Back in either England or Ireland the spy still knowing the agents are still on his trail, digs a sort of small underground home in an old fox hole where he lives for a few years going out every so often for food, the agents finally track him and there is a cat and mouse ending where the spy triumphs.

Thanks.

p.s. it has similarities to the thirty-nine steps, at some point I assumed Richard Harris played the spy, but I searched IMDB and got nothing.
    Couchcarrot Posts: 590, Reputation: 41

Dec 31, 2008, 08:36 PM
    Sounds like it could be "Rogue Male," 1976, starring Peter O'Toole.

Here's a link to a brief plot summary.

www.fandango.com/roguemale_v122998/summary
    Couchcarrot Posts: 590, Reputation: 41

Jan 1, 2009, 11:54 PM
    You're welcome. Good movie.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a minor live with a friend for thirty days legally? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a minor live with a friend for thirty days legally?

Pay Rent while under Thirty Day Notice? [ 12 Answers ]

I am a landlord. My tenant is on a month to month rental agreement. With the help of a consultant (not an attorney), I had a 30 day notice filed to vacate at the beginning of April. Although the tenant was paid up, they always pay very late after much reminding by me. In addition, they have...

Last thirty years of Politics in America [ 31 Answers ]

"Against All Enemies,", Just finished reading the Book by Richard Clarke… Clarke helped shape U.S. policy on terrorism under President Reagan and the first President Bush. He was held over by President Clinton to be his terrorism czar, and then held over again by the current President Bush who...

Landlord took possession before thirty days [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I moved 280 miles from Atwater, CA to Los Angeles, CA. We gave a thirty day notice and a week before our thirty days were up, the landlord began entering the home without our permission and started cleaning and repairing the home. I received a call from my neighbor who saw them. When I...

View more questions Search