Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carolyn602 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 05:11 PM
    ruth h lee watercolor
    I have a watercolor that came through the family that is of a fishing village with a sign that says Ask for Maria. It was done by Ruth H Lee. I was just wondering what the approximate value would be.
    Thanks!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2008, 07:45 PM

Here is all I could find

http://www.askart.com/askart/l/ruth_...udson_lee.aspx

Ruth Hudson Lee, Genre Scene Watercolor W1QYG Item #: 716292
    Suzyblue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2013, 05:06 PM
    RUTH HUDSON LEE (1885-?) was born in Syracuse, New York. She studied with Hawthorne, Adams, George Pearce Ennis, Eliot O'Hara & Paul Ludwig Gill. She also was a member of and exhibited at: the American Watercolor Society in NY, the Washington Watercolor Club and the National Association of Women Artists in New York City. In addition, she was associated with the SYRACUSE EIGHT watercolorists. Her works were shown at the Philadelphia and Baltimore Watercolor Societies, Argent Gallery, Rochester Memorial Art Gallery, Munson Williams Proctor Institute, Binghampton Art Gallery (1 WOMAN SHOW), Auburn Art Museum, ETC, ETC.

She has a granddaughter who, Carol Ann Lee Hedrick, is a noted watercolorist herself.

There was a sale of one of her watercolors in 2007 for $850.
    Another watercolor is currently (02/2013) offered for sale on Trocadero.com for $1695.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sailboat watercolor [ 3 Answers ]

I have watercolor of a sailboat. The letters on one of the boats appear to be LUZNE. The artist signature is just initials- appearing to be WAC and possibly a date of 1-6-61 or 01. The watercolor is about 8"x12". Any information?

Watercolor paper [ 1 Answers ]

I am curious to know what different weight paper is about. I see advertised 80 lb, 140 lb and 300 lb paper but wonder what effect this will have on my artwork... also coldpressed and hot pressed. I think I understand that one is grainy and rough surface and other is smooth... I prefer a little...

Babe ruth [ 2 Answers ]

How much is my golden babe ruth card

Babe ruth [ 3 Answers ]

I have a topps 2001-2002 babe ruth card #tn30 I'm just curious if it is worth anything

Babe ruth card [ 1 Answers ]

How much is a Babe Ruth 1980 Cramer Sports Productions card worth? It is series 1 No. 1 of 30

View more questions Search