Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hysol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2006, 12:30 PM
    01 Dodge Ram 1500 Heater/AC Problems
    Hi There,

I have a Dodge Ram 1500 2001. I bought it used and it seems to have heater issues. Whenever I have the AC on and I slow down or go down hill the heater will all of a sudden kick on. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/smilies/eek.gif
    :eek:

Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Hysol.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2006, 03:00 PM
    Sounds like a vacuum problem. Check all your vacuum hoses.
    JohnET Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 08:56 AM
    Replace the heater control switch with one from a wrecked Dodge Ram - I did and it fixed the problem. Part of the vacumn lines/hookups are bad on the switch.
    chasong Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2009, 10:44 AM
    I have a 2001 1500 dodge ram I had now heat plus the heater core had a leak. I replace it and the water pump and burbbed the system and I still don't have any heat.all my doors are working fine.
    hardtohandle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2010, 02:12 PM
    There is a flap located in the dash (have to remove dash to get to it) when you stop or slow down you may here a little bump sound... it's closing turn fan off and accerlerate and turn it back on it will come back on... this is a big problem in Dodge trucks that year...
    djj93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2013, 02:18 PM
    I have a 2003 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 2wd and the heater/ac fan blower motor kepps shutting off, but when I move the steering column up or down it comes back on any ideas?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Heater runs with A/C [ 3 Answers ]

The A/C is blowing HOT air in my 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup. The A/C compressor is running, the suction line cools and sweats, the charge and pressures look good. Our family business is mechanical contracting, so I had one of our A/C techs put a set of gauges on the system and he said everything...

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Towing [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what the towing capacity is for a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 with a 360 and an automatic transmision? I bought it a few months ago and it didn't come with an owners manual.

2001 dodge ram 1500 oil leak [ 1 Answers ]

My dodge ram v6 is leaking oil from the shaft tha comes out of the water pump. There is no oil in the water. Is there a seal that can be raplaced by removing only the fan or is this going to be a total nightmare??

Dodge 1500 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Dodge Ram 2001 pickup. My cluster gauges just went out but the lights work OK. I checked the fuse at the fuse box and they are OK. I know their must be a fuse in the Power Distribution Center, but I don't know which one it is as none of them refer to the cluster. Anyone know where I want...

View more questions Search