Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nick2910 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 08:27 AM
    DVD CD drive does not play
    I am using a ACER POWER 2000 with a Mata DVD RAM UJ85JS drive . The drive indicates that it is accessing a loaded CD or DVD but never succeeds in reading or playing the CD or DVD .

There are no lower or upper filter settings in the registry. I have removed the DVD and it has reinstalled. I have physically disconnected and reconnected.

Anyone with experience with this issue?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 06:17 PM

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any software or hardware that you installed or setup.

What OS
    Vginia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2009, 12:36 PM

Why my cd/dvd drive won't access my cds
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2009, 02:19 PM
    Vginia
    Please don't answer with negative comments, I am asking what has been done to your PC since the last time it was working. This is a rightful question, just saying your cd does not work does not mean there will be 1 answer that will solve all your issues

The question asked was to get a better idea of what may have caused this to happen.

I hope you find the answer to your problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When I tried to play a tmp files with window media player, it says"Windows Media Play [ 3 Answers ]

When I tried to play a tmp files with window media player, it says"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." What can I do to play this file?

My dvd combo drive does not play few cd/dvds [ 4 Answers ]

Hello there, In the search to findout about my problem I landed on this site.. found very intresting about the help offer through your personal immense knowledge, I will be glad if I get help from you, Basics - Compaq v3000 series, Windows vista ultimate , I am using my compaq dvd combo...

Video will not play correctly on new hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I just installed an internal 250gb additional hard drive to my Dell dimension 4600. I see the hard drive on windows explorer and all seems OK - except video (avi.) plays back in slow motion. I have updated all my drivers including BIOS but to no avail. I notice that the new hard drive is not...

View more questions Search