Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vabill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 07:56 AM
    Transporting live lobster
    I plan to buy about 6 live lobsters for New Year's dinner, but I have to drive about 5 hours with them. So I need to keep them fresh while driving and then for about 12 more hours before cooking. I can't buy them tomorrow because stores are closed.
    Any suggestions?
    2C_is2believe Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

Dec 31, 2008, 08:38 AM
    You could bring a cooler with some ice for transport. As for storing, I usually freeze them before eating anyhow. That way they are not alive when you put them into the boiling water.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 08:44 AM

Yeah I do the same thing when I go crabbing. I catch them fresh put a bag of ice on them for the 2 hour trip. Then put them in the freezer for a few hours then cook them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live lobster transportation [ 2 Answers ]

How are live lobsters transported from wholesalers to retailers ?

Live Lobster Transport [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know how live lobsters are transported? I saw a truck with "Live Lobsters" written on it, so I was wondering, does that mean they are in water? Because don't lobsters breathe water?

Provisional license transporting passsengers [ 1 Answers ]

I have a provisional license. Is there any way, any way at all, that I can legal transport my girlfriend? Whether it be note from consenting parents, or even an application to the DMV. Any help would be amazing. I have a spotless driving record if that helps with any thing. Thank you for your...

Transporting Vegetables from different states [ 2 Answers ]

Assume that you are the owner-driver of a truck, which transports vegetables overnight from the farmers in Florida to the markets in Atlanta. On the way back you haul whatever goods need transporting in the opposite direction. You have five employees in your office loated in Atlanta. Clearly...

Transporting a Refrigerator [ 2 Answers ]

I have purchased a 3 year old GE Side by Side Refrigerator. I am picking it up tomorrow and I was told that I could lay the fridge on the side while transporting it as long as I stand it upright for about an hour before I plug it in at home. This will allow the refrigerant to settle and would not...

View more questions Search