Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SmpsonH Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2008, 11:04 PM
    Viewing media on Mozilla Firefox
    I'm not really even sure what the problem is, but I'm having problems all of a sudden viewing certain media items with my Firefox browser. I also have Chrome and Internet Explorer, and both of them work fine. Also, up until about 2 days ago, Firefox was working just fine too. I'm not sure what I could have done to make it change, but I cannot view certain things. I believe it is all flash videos, but it also seems to be some pictures as well. For example, here is a link of what Youtube looks like on Firefox for me:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_GOE9Kz98L2M/SV...00/youtube.JPG

Here is what it looks like for me on Internet Explorer:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_GOE9Kz98L2M/SV...0/youtube2.JPG

I'm not sure why it all of a sudden started doing that. I reinstalled flash player, and that did not seem to help. I also tried disabling all my plug-ins, but nothing helped. Please let me know if you have any advice. Thanks.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 31, 2008, 06:40 AM

Have you installed any extensions that block advertising (like Flashblock or Adblock)? If so, you may need to whitelist the pages containing Flash. If you have any other extensions you've added that deal with YouTube content, try disabling them temporarily and see if it makes a difference.
    SmpsonH Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 05:35 PM

I do have ad block plus, but I've had that for a long time and have never had any problems before. This is just a recent thing within the last few days. Also, I tried disabling adblock plus and that did nothing. Any other suggestions?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2009, 06:37 PM

I would totally uninstall Firefox, download latest version and reinstall to see if all general settings will be set from scratch and then go from there adding add ons

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I use a proxy with Mozilla Firefox? [ 1 Answers ]

NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANNOT CONNECT through a proxy server! I am connected to the internet through a D-Link router and I am running Mozilla Firefox and Norton Protection Center. What I did was find a list of proxy servers. Here is an example website I used:...

IE7 v Mozilla Firefox [ 4 Answers ]

I use Mozilla & OH uses IE7 on XP however I unfortunately ticked the yes box for Mozilla to be the default browser and now she cannot access her IE7 browser any ideas how to reverse the Error. Can't find location IE7.exe file all short cuts open MOzilla Help my ear is getting bent Cheers...

Firefox mozilla lost pictures [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I seem to have a unique problem with a website called 'Trademe', New Zealand, which I use to sell goods, mainly to raise funds for charity. I use latest version of Mozilla Firefox. Have used this site successfully for years but a couple of days ago while loading photos for a sale item I loaded...

Mozilla Firefox [ 2 Answers ]

I enjoy using Mozilla Firefox. However one problem I have is in using the search engines. There is a history of previously entered queries. This would not be a problem, but my stepson entered some inappropriate queries. These pop up when ever I type a word that begins with the same letter as the...

Firefox and Mozilla [ 4 Answers ]

Might be a simple answer to this? Currently I am using Firefox as my web browser,but I have also downloaded Mozilla 1.8a6,which is a 'latest' version of 'that' browser.Having visited the Mozilla web site many times,and read all the technical specs,so called 'bug' problems,and generally read up on...

View more questions Search