Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rogerrctn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2006, 08:11 AM
    Maytag dryer runs too hot
    Maytag dryer runs too hot. Does not seem to go to cool down cycle even on Perm Press setting. Where can I find an electrical schematic?
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jul 18, 2006, 05:27 PM
    You could look for your model online at the companies site that sells or makes your unit.
    I have to admit I usually hear of dryers not being hot enough!
    floridahamster Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Jul 20, 2006, 03:05 PM
    Roger.I just repaired a Maytag last week with the same problem.It was the stat sticking that is directly above the heater coils in the back under the dryer top.Unless someone has removed it,the schematic to your dryer should be inside the back cover panel for the controls.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2006, 03:15 PM
    Another possible cause is the dryer vent ducting or even inside the dryer a clog of lint can be restricting the air flow as being the culprit.
    mpagnan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2006, 06:29 PM
    What is a stat?:confused:

Quote Originally Posted by floridahamster
    Roger.I just repaired a Maytag last week with the same problem.It was the stat sticking that is directly above the heater coils in the back under the dryer top.Unless someone has removed it,the schematic to your dryer should be inside the back cover panel for the controls.
    rogerrctn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2006, 06:38 AM
    Problem solved by taking timer apart and filing the heater contacts. They appeared to have been "welded or stuck" together. Also replaced drive belt and both the cycling and over temp thermostats while I had it apart. Don't know how long the timer fix will work, but at least saved the $85 cost of a new timer for right now. Vacuumed out all the dust. Plastic blower fan had lots of "caked up" dust on tips of blades. Blower efficiency should be better now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag dryer [ 8 Answers ]

My maytag dryer won't start

Kenmore dryer runs but does not heat [ 3 Answers ]

My Kenmore dryer just stopped heating but it runs. The model number no is 110.62994101. I need help on how to fix it. If possible with diagram on How to change any part.

Maytag gas dryer [ 2 Answers ]

My maytag dryer, model ldg482 runs but the heat does not come on. The igniter comes on but the gas doesn't ignite. Any suggestions?? The owners manual is totally useless and I'm reluctant to call in a service man to look at it since I have a complete tool shop and all tools to do anything.

Older Maytag dryer won't start [ 1 Answers ]

We have an older Maytag dryer that will start one out of three times. Sometimes, it will chug like a car that won't turn over. We really don't want to have to buy a new dryer, so if there is a cheaper alternative please help!

Gas Dryer runs cool [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool ModLGC7848DQO gas dryer that was working fine until the door sense switch actuator broke off. I took the dryer apart, find the piece of metal I needed to replace and installed the replacement. While I had the dryer all apart, I sweeped out all the lint. After putting the dryer...

View more questions Search