Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Dec 30, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Virtrual memory
    I have a window vista home premium with 3GB. Lately I've been seeing this message that says I have low virtual memory. So I checked my virtual, it say that I have 1.01 MB of 9.81 MB! I don't know what to do now, I want to clear up some of my virtual but don't know how, I also tried uninstalling some unnecessary program from control panel. I have also done disk cleanup, but its still full. Can somebody tell me what to do? Thanks :confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 30, 2008, 06:49 PM

You can increase the amount of disk space to allocate to virtual memory. Look up Virtual memory in Windows Help for instructions on how.
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jan 1, 2009, 03:21 PM
    Compressing virtual memory
    I have a window vista and my virtual memory is very low. I wonder if its safe to compress it? I don't really understand about this compressing stuff and don't want something fatal to happen. I really need to increase my virtual memory size. Right now I have my virtual memory on "index this drive for faster searching" and I wonder if I can check the other box, the one that says, "compress this drive to save disk spaces". And please leave advice on how I can increase my virtual memory, I already have Advance SystemCare Pro to do all the disk cleaning, so I already know about that. Thanks
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2009, 03:44 PM

This will answer your question.

Change the size of virtual memory - Windows Vista Help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Referenced Memory Error - Memory cannot be read. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Windows 2003 Server with 2GB Ram. I get an error saying Application error- Explorer.exe giving referenced memory error at 0x00e113f0 - the memory caanot be read. I have removed the memory and swapped with other server's memory but still get the same problem. Could it be a virus?...

Memory [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference bet. Physical memory and virtual memory. I have a total physical memory of 256MB and available is 29.70 MB while virtual is 2.00GB and available 1.96MB. Does this mean that I do not have enough space that's why I'm having slow startup?

Not enough memory [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, sometimes when I attempt to connect to a web site, doesn't matter which one, I get a message that says not enough memory to run this program close one or more programs. If I do C/A/D to see what is running, the normal stuff is there and then Webshots, webshots all the way down the little...

View more questions Search