Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    silv6450 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2006, 06:06 AM
    Potuguese Passport Application
    Can anyone help.

I am wanting to apply for a portuguese passport and need info on how to do so.

I am of South African origin living in the uk indefinitely, on a south african passport, my father is the same except that he has a british passport by marriage. My grandfather was portuguese, born in madeira and migrated to south africa in the 20's or 30's I believe.

Where do I stand with regards to getting a passport due to being directly descendant from a portuguese grandfather?

Please help.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 18, 2006, 06:33 AM
    Please refer to this Thread
    0721234548 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 06:02 AM
    If you are South African and now in London. It does get complicated but anyway. The first thing you have to do is obtain from Portugal your grandfathers birthcertificate. Once you have that you would need to get back into SA and do the following. Get unabridged birth certificates of both your parents or at least the parent who's father was Portuguese. Contact the portuguese consulate and they will give you contact details for translators contracted to them. The unabridged certificates would then be translated that includes your birth certificate (unabridged) you will need your sa id as well once all this has been done, you hand into the Portuguese consulate for submission

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Portuguese passport application [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goan friend resident in Goa who qualifies for a Portuguese passport as per your Sticky. I notice that you say applications should go through the nearest consulate. I'm told this can take years. She has previously travelled to the UK so, presumably she could enter Portugal. Question... If...

Application for Potuguese passport through Marriage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I would like to know if I would be able to apply for a portuguese passport and how. I am south african but am married to a portuguese guy and although he is South african he has a portuguese passport.

Explorer.exe-Application Error [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Dell Dimension E510 w/Windows XP. I recently converted from Norton Antivirus to SpySweeper and then I've been try to use the Microsoft Defender II antivirus program to protect my computer. Somewhere in the transition I got several infections and now I get an application error...

When do I mow, after weed & feed application? [ 2 Answers ]

I did a weed and feed application on Sunday, wondering if it is too early to mow again? I don't want to mow up any residual product. It has rained a few times since, I am in the PNW, Seattle area. It is really nice this afternoon here and I would like to take advantage of the time and the...

Application Hijacking [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I'm experincing a couple of problems but I'll post each one as a separate thread to enable others experincing similar problems to hopefully find the solution without having to ask again. Should I be concerned about this? (4 entries in my security log): (All the same REMOTE MAC :...

View more questions Search