Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dr.JTMM Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2011, 10:26 AM
    I have a similar problem to JBoogie23. I am an American, currently with a US passport. I am 61 years old. My mother was born in Sicily and came to America at age 8, in 1928. She became a naturalized US citizen based upon her father's immigration status. I would like to obtain an Italian passport. I can show the record of my grandfather's entry into the US through Ellis Island, NY in 1920, but I am not sure that I can obtain any other documentation. My paternal grandparents also emigrated from Italy to the US, and my father was born there afterwards. I currently have relatives on both sides of the family living in Italy.

I am retired with an adequate, guaranteed income that includes medical care, so I would not need to work nor require any social services. I would be interested in part time domiciliary for the foreseeable future. Is obtaining an Italian passport possible?

I was told that I can obtain a Italian passport only if I can find a copy of my mother's or grand-parent's birth certificate. Otherwise I can request a long term visa and residence permit in Italy considering that you can support yourself financially. But I want full Italian citizenship so that I can move more easily through the EU.

I don't currently have the birth certificates on either my mother or her parents. Is this the only option there is? Are these documents generally available from 1920, when my mother was born in Capo d'Orlando, Sicily? My Grandfather, who I believe was born in 1892, came from a town nearby, called Naso. What is the name of the government organization that might have either birth certificate on record? What would be the best way to go about getting a copy of such documents?
    Airoma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2011, 07:02 PM
    Julia Lamanna, Esq. is an excellent Immigration Lawyer who is fluent in Italian. www.jlamannalaw.com

Check out her reviews on Avvo.com
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Oct 7, 2011, 04:25 AM
    TOS violation?

Quote Originally Posted by Airoma View Post
    Julia Lamanna, Esq. is an excellent Immigration Lawyer who is fluent in Italian. The Law Office of Julia Lamanna- Attorney Profile

Check out her reviews on Avvo.com
    asbazal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2012, 08:44 AM
    Hello
    SIR,
    I AM ABDUL SHAKOOR,FROM PAKISTAN.
    MY EDUCATION IS INTER.I HAVE NO IELTS.I WERE GOTTEN ADMISSION IN A LANGUAGE SCHOOL (Lingumia) in ITALY FOR ITALIAN LANGUAGE COURSE.
    COLLEGE DETAIL IS;

The Italian Institute is located in the Marche region, in the centre of Italy, and more precisely in Castelplanio (in the province of Ancona).

AFTER ADMISSION,I WERE APPLIED FOR VISA IN JULY 2011.AND I RECEIVED MY VISA FILE BACK TO ME IN OCTOBER 2011 WITHOUT ANY REJECTION OR Acceptance.

THEN MY CONSULTANT GAVE ME APEAL DOCUMENTS,WHICH I WERE SENT TO APPELATE TRIBUNAL IN ITALY BY POSTED IN OCTOBER 2011 FROM LAHORE PAKISTAN.

AND IN NOVEMBER 2011,I RECEIVED A REPLY FROM TRIBUNAL.AND MY CONSULTANT SAID ME THAT THIS LETTER CONTAINS TO HIRE A LAWYER IN ITALY FOR FURTHER DEALING.
    BUT MY CONSULTANT WAS STOPPED ME TO DO SO,BECAUSE IT WILL BE MORE COSTLY TO ME.AND I WERE WORRIED THAT WHAT TO DO.
    NOW I JUST WANT TO KNOW THAT IS THERE ANY HOPE IN MY CASE,OR CAN I DO SOME YET?
    PLEASE THINK ABOUT IT Completely AND REPLY ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
    THANK YOU

WHICH LETTER I WERE RECEIVED ON MY APPEAL,THAT WAS CONTAIN FOLLOWING DETAIL:

As returns are received by that regional administrative courts have jurisdiction only over appeals courts.
    For bringing the action must be observed the formalities laid down in Articles 40 and seq. 2 liglio 2010, n.104, as well as the dpr30 May 2002, n.115.
    In particular, the application must be signed by the applicant and by a lawyer and drafted the terms and forms required by the current rules on fiscal discipline.
    It should be noted also that the action must be notified to the government that issued the contested act.
    Throughout the process and required the use of Italian (art.122 cpc).
    The vacuum, however, addressed to the court that an instance can not be taken into consideration as no action and therefore is returned.

ABDUL SHAKOOR

[email protected]
    0092 3124445156

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Public Speaking Practice [ 2 Answers ]

Dose any one know of any places or clubs that can help refine my public speaking skills Thanks PB

Immigration fees for Australian immigration [ 6 Answers ]

Dear Sir; I want to know the immigration fee for Australian Immigration please also clasify both refundable in case of rejection and non refundable immigration fee. I travers every Australian immigration web site but I did'nt find immigration fee please replay me soon. ...

Public Speaking [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings. I want to know what types of public speaking situations you, as teachers, find yourselves in often. Thank you, Ben

Public speaking [ 9 Answers ]

I have no idea where to post this question. I was just reading candy28's post about her being shy and it got me thinking about an upcoming problem I am going to have. (I know, isn't it cool when you can see the problem before you have it. LOL) Anyway, my dad is getting married at the end of...

Public Speaking [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, every year in junior high we have to write a speech and deliver it to class and there is a competition. I won first place in grades 5, 6 and 7, and 2nd in grade 8, but this year I'm stuck. I have no idea what to write about, and I don't really want to write about something serious. I was...

View more questions Search