Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lady_fang66 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2008, 07:04 AM
    I need to lose about 50 lbs in 8 months
    Hi. I am 21 and 5'7 and I need to lose 50 lbs in 8 mouths. I'm getting married and I'm tired of being overweight. I keep gaining weight and I don't know how to lose it. I've tried about everything. I am currently drinking acai and Noni juice mixes and it seems to suppress the hunger. For as long as I can remember I've been on a diet. And for about 5 years I was bulimic. And when I got help for it, I gained a lot of weight. And now I can't take it off. I even took an aerobics class last semester and it didn't do anything for me. I guess that's because it was only 2 times a week. I work a lot, 10 -12 hour shifts a day when I'm not in school and I really don't have time to exercise. And when I get off work, I'm way to tired to do anything. I know that I have a good amount of time to do this in, but I know that I need to start now. I just need some advice on how to lose the lbs without relapsing. (I've done enough damage as it is):o
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2008, 08:00 AM

I'm sorry to say, but you are going to have to find the time to exercise if you hope to lose and keep the weight off. Try a half hour on the treadmill before work. It will suck for a week or two but you will actually find that you have MORE energy during the day.

Also, move to 5 meals a day, 2-300 calories each meal heavy on vegetables and lean meats/fish. Keep the fat down to 20% of the calories and focus on "healthy" fat, such as that from nuts and cheeses. I would recommend, if this is not something you are used to, to try a program like WW or Nutrisystem for a month or two to get you into the swing of smart eating.

But in the end, the only surefire plan for weight loss is the ELEM plan. Eat less, exercise more. You have to burn more calories a day then you take in. The good news is that you burn a significant amount of calories just being alive.

A good, smart diet and 30-45 minutes of good exercise 5-6 days a week should get you pretty close to your weight loss goals and allow you to keep them off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I lose 30 pounds in 2 months [ 10 Answers ]

How do I lose 30 pounds in 2 months

I need to lose 20-40lbs within 3 months [ 7 Answers ]

I am currently 19 years old, 6ft'1, & weight 225lbs. Any good exercises?

Need to lose weight in 4 months. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I was wanting to know how long it would take me to lose any where around 40 to 50 pounds. I've got as little as 4 months to lose it. What type of exercises should I do and for how long? And if it is possible. Me and my husband and son are going to Arizona to visit my in-laws and I would love to...

How do I lose 40 pounds in 2 months [ 17 Answers ]

How to lose 40 pounds in 2 months

Need to lose 20 kgs in 2 months [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I'm 34, female, india. I'm 5 '8 and weigh 100 kgs. I need to lose at least 20 kgs in 2 months. Please help

View more questions Search