Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    floridamom13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2008, 06:32 AM
    Change jurisdiction from CO to FL
    I moved to Florida with my daughter in 2001. The original child support order is in CO where my daughter was born. How do I go about changing the jurisdiction to the Florida courts?
    jfredifer Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 06:32 PM

I grew up in Fl then moved to NC. As far as I can remember my mom went to the courthouse in NC, filed what ever papers had to signed and then they received the support form Fl and forwarded it to us. My mom never had to do anything about it. Both states will work it out if it's a court order from the first state.

Just go to the court house. They should be able to help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2008, 08:50 PM

Do you want to change some part of the order, if so you merely file in new state

If there are no charges or no reason to go back to court no reason t0

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change court Jurisdiction [ 15 Answers ]

My son and I live in VA(have for 2 years). I have physical custody of him. The original order was in CA and I would like to know what form I need to have CA release jurisdiction. I would like to change it to his state of residence- VA. Thanks

Change of Jurisdiction [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to find out how to change jurisdiction for upcoming court cases. My ex takes me back to court every 2 years to increase my child support payments. I recently moved to FL from GA. The divorce and child support modifications have all been done in GA. Now I want to modify the child...

Jurisdiction change [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, I have custody of my son and we have been living in Alabama for 8 years. My divorce decree occurred in TN. I need to change jurisdiction because my husband has broken our agreement regarding his visitation with my son. I do not have a lawyer in AL but I do know I need to get...

Custody modification and change of Jurisdiction [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have primary custody of my daughters. Their mother has visitation in the summer months. This past school year they were allowed to stay with her at their request. Now, there are numerous investigations going on involving child abuse, neglect and even sexual abuse. I want to modify the...

Change court jurisdiction [ 1 Answers ]

OK guys you were all really helpful on my last topic so I'm back. How do I go about changing my court jurisdiction from Arizona to California. It is a custody child visitation case and the child resides with me in California for the past two years. Our case is not active right now but I'm going to...

View more questions Search