Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lolly-queen Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2006, 01:54 PM
    Stretch marks
    I have stretch mark on my hips,arms,shoulders,belly,and behind my knees.
    I was wondering if and one used something to clear them out that has worked before?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 17, 2006, 05:43 PM
    I have used mederma and love it!!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 18, 2006, 07:47 PM
    Stretch marks can appear red or brown at first depending on your skin color, but they do fade to silver. It's not just the top layer of skin that stretches. The underlying layers stretch too and this creates small tears in the collagen (which is what gives skin its elasticity). There is currently, no safe effective means to either prevent or remove stretch marks. Emollient, lubricants with lanolin, cocoa butter, Vitamin E may make the skin feel more comfortable but will not have any effect on the marks. Laser surgery and Microdermabrasion may help reduce the look of stretch mark.

Jul 19, 2006, 12:44 PM
    Thanks for the postt :)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 20, 2006, 05:19 PM
    You're welcome, lolly-queen.
    Grace6191 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2006, 02:42 PM
    I tried Mederma for some time, but did not see much difference.

There are a lot of cremes that are available for stretch-marks. I find cocoa butter to help even out the skin and reduce the different texture of the marks. :)

Jul 25, 2006, 03:11 PM
    Yea I think I'm going to start with palmers cocoa butter crème its not that expensive.. thanks for the post
    sarah_enriquez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2006, 08:25 AM
    Try rose hip oil. I'm not sure if it really works but I've watched actresses testify on TV that it does. :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get rid of red marks on my face? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello to all, I would like to seek your help because I have few pimples on my face but it was already healed. The problem now, it had left a red marks on my face and I noticed it never faded out. How can I cure it? Is there any creams that can fade out red marks without peeling? I am from the...

Carpet marks [ 1 Answers ]

Can some tell me how to get rid of carpet lines left by heavy furniture? I moved stuff around, but I have these marks that do not look good. Any help would be appreciated

Black marks [ 3 Answers ]

i had a skin reaction to something i have recently eaten and now it has left black marks on my skin................ any advice as to how i could get rid of them????????????????? :( :( :( :( :(

View more questions Search