Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smcbirne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2006, 11:07 AM
    Trucking Business
    I would like to buy a semi truck and start my own business, but I don't know what I need to do to get started. Can you help?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 17, 2006, 04:41 PM
    Are you currently a truck driver working for another company?

If not, go to work driving a truck for someone.

There are a lot of companies that off lease purchase and/or drive to own trucks. ( and if you are in the trucking business you would know most of them, since you see their adds in all the truck stops)
    But they will require experience in the trucking business.

Next of course you will have to use some company to get your loads, or get a contract with some company to drive your truck for them.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Jul 17, 2006, 06:00 PM
    Fr. Chuck had some good points. It would be easier to go to a company that allows you to lease with them, it gets you in a truck and a lot of companies have a no-strings attatched policy. You can get out of it if you change your mind and you don't have to worry about selling a truck. What country are you in?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trucking Company [ 15 Answers ]

Hey Experts! I am an owner operator currently work for a small company in Chicago. I live in LA County California. I own a big rig and have all my numbers (MC, US DOT). I am trying to start my own company and subcontract other owner operators to drive for me. Can anyone give me advice on how to...

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

New business [ 1 Answers ]

Wanting to start cleaning business. I have my occupational license but I am not bonded or insured. How do I go about getting bonded and insured for my personal new company? Thank you

View more questions Search