Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 11:18 AM

Hi Artlady.

I may be wrong, it's been a long time since I was a newbie, but I believe that the lounge isn't available until you reach 200 posts, or is it another forum that becomes available then, or am I completely off my rocker?

Anyway, come on in, the water's fine. Just a warning though, we're all a bit crazy, especially Starby, she's completely wacko! :)

KP, good job, I never would have figured that out.

KISS, um, ah, hate to admit this, but, we don't have a cell phone, we're still stuck in the 80's. Heck, I'm shocked that we have a computer! ;)
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 17, 2009, 11:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Hi Artlady.

I may be wrong, it's been a long time since I was a newbie, but I believe that the lounge isn't available until you reach 200 posts, or is it another forum that becomes available then, or am I completely off my rocker?

Anyway, come on in, the water's fine. Just a warning though, we're all a bit crazy, especially Starby, she's completely wacko! :)

KP, good job, I never would have figured that out.

KISS, um, ah, hate to admit this, but, we don't have a cell phone, we're still stuck in the 80's. Heck, I'm shocked that we have a computer! ;)
    Achemm! Wacko you say? Wacko? You just wait 'till I find you young lady! I'll show you Wacko!

Now get back to looking for my cheese!
    Pets Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 11:39 AM

Cheese causes constipation you know. ;)

You're a bit wacko, but sane is boring so no worries. :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 11:46 AM
    This is not a lounge! It is a legitimate stickie, for the info of all who visit, that has been invades by some crazy people, and for some reason I don't understand, the delete button doesn't work!! Darn, now I'm trapped in this cave, with this goofy bag over my head!

Where is the justice?? Will trade for cheese, to give to the crazy people!!!
    Pets Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 01:01 PM

Um, Tal, sorry, but you're one of us! :eek:

Now go back into your corner with your hat, be good, we don't want to have to whip you into submission. You know I'll do it. :D
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 17, 2009, 02:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    This is not a lounge!! It is a legitimate stickie, for the info of all who visit, that has been invades by some crazy people, and for some reason I don't understand, the delete button doesn't work!! Darn, now I'm trapped in this cave, with this goofy bag over my head!

Where is the justice?? Will trade for cheese, to give to the crazy people!!!
    BUSTED!! We've located the keeper of the CHEESE!!! Let's corner him in his cave and torture him until he reveals the location of said CHEESE!! The cheese police will decide his fate for this deplorable crime against CHEESE LOVERS EVERYWHERE!! For shame!! The man with the paper bag face shall be tried by a jury of his shopping bag peers, and the judge will decide his sentence from his cardboard box!
    Pets Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 07:07 PM

Um, Starby, you okay? ;)

The cheese is in the fridge, it's moldy though.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2009, 07:13 AM

The 'other' site I joined is full of all kinds of 'chatter':p

They are a more social site,but also have a great 'Expert' area also,kind of a split personality,so-to-speak.

The moderation is done by the long standing members,not just a few.. The whole entire community can request moderation of comments/questions,and copy/multiple 'similar' questions will be move to appropriate areas,or deleted outright.

The members who are 'tracking'/'stalking'/'TROLLING' in the site are quickly dealt with and removed,no matter their 'seniority' of status within the community.They even have a troll patrol,members who have specific names to their screen names who can be contacted in the idea of a 'moderator' but namely there for the reporting of troll like behavior.

I do rather appreciate that part of the site,no negativity from other members,just community spirit and fellowship,not judgementalism.(New word!! )
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 14, 2009, 10:57 AM
    KBC, good to see your still around.

What you've said sounds exactly what we are doing here.
    Admittedly the more social side is still in it's infancy, with Groups and the Member discussion areas, but over all we do everything else ;)
    Pets Expert

Feb 14, 2009, 11:05 AM

I agree Ben, and KBC, it's good to see you. :)

I love this site. I love the social aspect of it very much. I've made many great friends here, friends I talk to off the site, I cherish them, so glad I met them, wouldn't have were it not for AMHD.

The mods here do a great job, when I RIP something it's usually taken care of within minutes, that's amazing to me because I know all of you have lives to live, can't be here 24/7 but you're all on the ball.

LOVE AMHD! :)
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2009, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    KBC, good to see your still around.

What you've said sounds exactly what we are doing here.
    Admittedly the more social side is still in it's infancy, with Groups and the Member discussion areas, but over all we do everything else ;)
    Yes!(I love the short,to the point,no long drawn-out,blabber,get to the point already stuff.).. hehe:D
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2009, 03:50 PM
    Hi Artlady.

Alty
    Its actually the "Active Members" Board that's only available once you have reached 200 posts , "The Lounge" is accesible to anyone as far as I know :)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 15, 2009, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178 View Post
    Alty
    Its actually the "Active Members" Board thats only available once you have reached 200 posts , "The Lounge" is accesible to anyone as far as i know :)
    That's why we lub you Batman! You're always so SMRT! What would we do without you? :D
    Pets Expert

Feb 15, 2009, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178 View Post
    Alty
    Its actually the "Active Members" Board thats only available once you have reached 200 posts , "The Lounge" is accesible to anyone as far as i know :)
    Smarty pants. ;)
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2009, 04:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8 View Post
    That's why we lub you Batman! You're always so SMRT! What would we do without you? :D
    Thank you starby ;)

Smarty pants. ;)
    :: pokes out tongue::
    Pets Expert

Feb 15, 2009, 04:08 PM

:: pokes out tongue::
    ::grabs tongue, pours hot sauce on it:: :D
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 15, 2009, 04:10 PM
    ::grabs tongue, pours hot sauce on it:: :D
    Big Meany Alty! Starby over and out... going for a nap!
    Pets Expert

Feb 15, 2009, 04:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8 View Post
    Big Meany Alty!! Starby over and out...going for a nap!
    Sleep tight Starby, don't let the huge, evil, sharp toothed, disease carrying, fuzzy bed bugs bite. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

No chat speak, no text talk! [ 0 Answers ]

Chat speak, and text talk, will be deleted, so at least try to make sense. :D In the interest of understanding, please refrain from chat/text, and spell check your posts. If they are really that bad, they are subject to being deleted. Thanks all, and enjoy.

View more questions Search