Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snowjam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2008, 08:06 AM
    I need to reconfigure my NETGEAR Router
    My internet provider has confirmed with me that I have a successful internet connection (obviously, because I am writing this), but they tell me I have to Reconfigure my router and won't help me past that.

I have a Netgear WGR614 v4 wireless router.

I had some issues with my provider over the week-end... so I go them to get me back on line via my DSL modem, but when I re-connect to the router, I can't sign on.

It seems as though it needs a "PPOE" (?) or something like that.

This had been working fine for 3 years, but now I can't make it work.

It is a really simple set up.

DSL modem hard wired into the Wall.

Ethernet cable to one PC. In this mode everything works fine.

Now when I change the set up to the following: DSL hard wired to the wall, Ethernet cable to the Input (Internet) port on the Router, Ethernet cable to each of the computers (there are only two.

I get an error message as mentioned above.

I have a broadband setup in the Network connections section of the Control Panel.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Dec 30, 2008, 09:56 AM

With one of your computers connected to one of the free LAN switch ports in your router, run an IPCONFIG /ALL > C:\RESULTS.TXT at the command prompt. Then open C:\RESULTS.TXT with Notepad and copy and paste the results to a new reply to your post.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 30, 2008, 05:01 PM

SO your saying after you got back online you can't login to your router's interface?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reconfiguring a netgear router [ 1 Answers ]

After Aol main computer went down ny riyter setting need to be reconfigured how do I do this?. I can't ring them as I'm only using broadband and don't have a phone :(

Reconfigure router [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone help me figure out how to reconfigure a NetGear FS 608 v3? Our routers went down last week and when we were again able to access the internet, the IP addresses had all been changed. We are no longer able to communicate with our printer. I know the router needs to be reconfigured but I...

Reconfigure netgear router [ 2 Answers ]

How do I reconfigure my netgear WGR614v2 to use a different gateway address than 192.168.0.1 ?

Reconfigure a router [ 3 Answers ]

I recently lost the ability to connect my laptop to my network. Something happened to the main computer. I have been told that I need to reconfigure my router. I have a netgear router. I don't know the first thing about it. Help!

View more questions Search