Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mironyc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2006, 09:42 AM
    Anyone speak Latin?
    Hey there! Anyone speak latin (late latin similar to what was spoken during the middle ages)? I'm in need of a simple translation from "Master Archer" from english to latin. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Jul 17, 2006, 08:31 PM
    Hi Mironyc,
    I do not speak the language personally, so this is far from an authoritative translation, and as with many translations there is probably a bit of room for interpretation and style -- but the most accurate translation I could achieve is: "Dominatus Sagittarium." Or in the case of a masterly mounted archer: "Dominatus Hippotoxota."
    From what I can tell, "Graphicus" could be considered a wholly acceptable alternative to "Dominatus", but has its origins in painting, and therefore, perhaps, in my own opinion, has the potential to lend itself to a bit of confusion.
    Anyhow, I hope this helps. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone speak Tagalog? [ 15 Answers ]

I am fluent in tagalog and now that I'm back here in america, there is no one around that I can speak it with. I just want some simple conversation to keep it up.

Anyone speak spanish? [ 17 Answers ]

What does this mean? Losiento chica

Speak hesitations [ 3 Answers ]

When there is social gathering 8-10 people I feel nervousness and scared to speak and don't find any word to speak.Infact I got bored and want to run away.How can be a leader of group Please help

Deciphering men speak [ 15 Answers ]

Hi everyone First post here - lots of well informed people on this site so thought I'd ask! Broke up with ex couple of months back (his call after a row), we decided to be friends, stayed in touch via text yet never got round to meeting because he was always busy and put it off. Eventually I...

View more questions Search