Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    capricorn27 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 08:00 PM
    How do I file for joint custody in Ca ?
    3 year old daughter and her dad is trying to say he wants custody of her... I don't want to take her away from him completely I just want to make sure he can't do it to me
    cadillac59 Posts: 1,326, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2008, 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by capricorn27 View Post
    3 year old daughter and her dad is trying to say he wants custody of her ... I don't want to take her away from him completely I just want to make sure he can't do it to me
    Do what to you?

But to your question: To file for joint custody you have to file an action in which custody of your daughter will be an issue and request joint custody (this might be a dissolution of marriage, legal separation, petition to establish parental relationship or a petition for custody and support of minor children). The court can issue temporary orders after you and your coparent attend mediation or enter a final judgment after a trial on the issue (and after mediation). If you agree with your co-parent on joint custody you may have a judgment entered without the need for a trial.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Joint Custody? [ 4 Answers ]

I currently have been taking care of my daughter for the past two years. She currently lives with me. I have never had any custody papers on her. But, I would like to get them. Joint custody and I want the physical custody part of it. She is currently attending school here and has been for the...

Why we didn't get Joint Custody? [ 12 Answers ]

We are from Alabama. We took my Husbands Ex girlfriend to court for Custody or Joint we were really wanting custody. But in the end of a year of going to court we didn't get niether , But she got sole and all rights, all we got was vistion the 1st mon. for 4 hrs every Sat. 2nd mon was 6 hrs every...

Primary physical custody and joint legal custody [ 2 Answers ]

My son and his wife are divorced now, they have joint legal custody mother has primary physical custody because my son is in the military and he was told that she had to have primary physical custody in order to enroll the child in school. However she doesn't have my son listed as a contact person...

Joint custody/joint physcial custody [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I got married in 1993, we separated in 1996, got back together in the same year, My now ex-husband file for divorce in 2000, I did not respond to the divorce, I did not respond due to not getting an court date to appear (divorce papers were served to me while living with ex at the time) due...

View more questions Search