Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soniamaree Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Changing my children's surname with out fathers consent
    I wish to find out how I go about changing my children aged 15 & 12 surname from their birth fathers surname to my surname.
    Their Father lives in western australia and we live in victoria, he has only called the children once this year and on rare occasions in the past, He has had a few visits with the children, he only pays maintenance for roughly 8 months every second year and I have not received any for the past 14 months, my surname has never changed and my children want this as they want to belong to the family name that we have so much to do with.
    I know that their father will not agree as he only like to try and hurt me.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 28, 2008, 07:15 PM

If his name is on the birth certificate or he has been deemed the legal father of the children your going to need his consent. You might want to look here for reference.

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/PDF%20form...2029_08_08.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing my child's Surname [ 10 Answers ]

I have a son who is under 6mths of age. He currently has his fathers surname and I want to also have mine added. His father and I were never married. I spoke to him about this and he is not willing to sign any documents allowing me to do this. He is involved in his sons life.. when it's convenient...

Surname to fathers [ 1 Answers ]

I am the father of a 6 yr old whom I just got sole custody of, I want to change child's surname from the mothers to mine, I got custody in one county but have lived in another for over 10 years. I were never married and I did not find out about the child until she was 3. One law states that I need...

Passport for a 5yr old without bio fathers consent [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in australia, dose anyone know how I would go about a passport for my 5yr old son without his bio fathers consent? There has been demestic violence restraining order, that has now exp. He has also not seen him for over 4yrs and never wanted anything to do with him, he has always refused to pay...

Can a child be adopted without bioloical fathers consent [ 4 Answers ]

I have been married to my husband for 6 years.he has been father to my two children aged 16 and 13 for this time.My ex husband has not paid a penny towards my children for 7 years and as we now live in spain he only sees the children maybe once or twice a year when I take them back to england for a...

Can a baby be put on adpotion without fathers consent? [ 2 Answers ]

A really good friend of mine got his ex-girlfriend pregnant, he just found out she had the baby on 02/08/07. Her brother told him a family from california was going to adopt him and was picking him up saturday night, can she put him up for adoption without his permission? Hes not here legally...

View more questions Search