Ask
    nglosson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 05:02 PM
    What are grants?
    Can convicted felons get grants?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 28, 2008, 05:18 PM

They are various amounts of money paid out to students by a university or college or to anyone who merits one by a foundation. Grants do not have to be paid back and must be used for whatever purpose was intended in the application (for tuition, to start a business, etc.).

To get an answer to your question, call the reference dept at your local public library.

Found by Googling (re education grants) --

As long as your conviction was not for possessing or selling illegal drugs or the conviction was removed from your record you should still be able to apply for student grants and scholarships with the FAFSA. You can get Pell Grants through the FAFSA as well as Stafford Loans. Also many times, such as at my college, they use the FAFSA to determine state/local/school related scholarships and grants as well. FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid

You can also call this # if you have any more questions.
    Federal Student Aid Information Center
    1-800-433-3243.

Also, at the school of your choice make an appointment to speak with a Financial Aid Officer. It's their job to know about scholarships and whatnot, so they may be able to point you to local or state scholarships/grants in your area as well that you're eligible for.

Each state has different laws re: felonies and eligibility, so please
    speak with someone at the college you wish to attend about the issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GED Grants [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a such thing as a GED grant ?

Is there any free small business grants or grants for felons [ 3 Answers ]

I'm an ex-felon trying to get on with my life and become a possitive person for myself and my children and for the comity that I live in is there any kind of grants I can get to open up a business I would only need about 10,000 to have everything up and going

Grants [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if there are any grants for pasture or farm land to take care of neglected or rescued horses in Georgia or Florida? Thanks!

Grants [ 1 Answers ]

how Can I Get A Grant To Start A Home Based Business?.

View more questions Search