Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aliaib97 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 11:40 AM
    About Table Border
    can any one write me a class which can be applied to a table and will change the outer borders of that table only I want to create a box around my contents in a web page. Setting border="1" set border of cells as well. I don't want to use inner table just want a CSS solution. Something like this

PART OF MY PAGE.. MAY CONTAINS TABLE AND OTHERS
    CLASS APPLIED ABOVE SHOULD HAVE NO EFFECT HERE
    Of course BORDER WILL COLLAPSE IN ACTUAL HTML
    __________________________________________________ ________
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | | |_________________________________________________ _______|
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 28, 2008, 01:44 PM

If you apply the style to the table rather than the rows or cells, you'll get a border around the table only. Try this for the CSS style:

Code:
    <style type="text/css">
        .bordered-table
       {
            border: 1px solid;
       }
    </style>
    And here's an example of applying it to a table:

Code:
    <table class='bordered-table'>
    <tr><td>one</td><td>two</td><td>three</td></tr>
    <tr><td>1</td><td>2</td><td>3</td></tr>
    </table>

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Border crossing with a felony [ 6 Answers ]

If you have a dwi in canada 9 years old and you have an indian status card can you still cross over the U.S border for a visit

What to use to remove border [ 1 Answers ]

I am repainting a bedroom and am having trouble removing a wallpaper border. What is the best product to use for this job?

Usa border crossing [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a metis I have a status card, my quistion is I tried cross the usa border and was refused enter,, they said I did'nt look indain and it might be a fake card,, I have documents going back 13 generations my mom birth card her statis card and my brothers to my mom and brothers are a photo copy of...

Mexican border [ 7 Answers ]

I thought this was really funny. Juan comes up to the Mexican border on his bicycle. He's got two large bags over his shoulders. The guard stops him and says, "What''s in the bags?" "Sand," answered Juan. The guard says, "We'll just see about that get off the bike." The guard takes the...

Wallpaper border [ 2 Answers ]

I have been looking for wallpaper border for an oil and gas industry office, preferably something with oil wells, or an oil & gas theme, anyone know where I might find border along these lines?

View more questions Search