Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ttengchill Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 10:50 AM
    I want to reboot my computer
    I have Hp computer and everything about it is just crazy I need help to reboot it and I don't a cd for installing. The problem in it is just I can't click in Firefox and others except my pictures and documents and totally slow and doesn't even shot down if I go to start and letting it shot down so I have press the button in the drive or either unplug it...

I really need he.lp so bad of what I should do~

That's why I was thinking maybe rebooting it would work.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 28, 2008, 04:56 PM

By "reboot" I'm assuming you really mean reinstall Windows? First of all, it will help if you specify the version of Windows you're running: XP, Vista, 98, 2000. Chances are you've got registry problems and/or a whole bunch of spyware/adware lurking on your computer. Try these things first before you reinstall Windows (all are free and I've provided links for all of them):

Download and run CCleaner - especially, the registry cleaner part.

Download and run AVG free - this will eliminate any viruses you may have gotten infected with.

Download and run AdAware Free - this will clean out most/all adware you may have gotten infected with (download the Ad-Aware 2008 Free version, not the Plus version).

Also download and run Spybot Search & Destroy - this will help get rid of any spyware you've got floating around on your PC. Get it from the link I've provided, there are some imposters out there.

Finally, if you're using Internet Explorer for your everyday browsing, switch to Firefox 3 instead. Internet Explorer is one of the primary routes viruses and spyware use to get onto your PC. Internet Explorer is needed for Windows Update, but you shouldn't use it for everyday browsing unless you know what you're doing.

Some additional advice: Don't open attachments in email; download them and scan before opening. Turn off HTML display in your email client. Don't install screensavers or "free" software unless it's from a trusted source - and even then be suspicious. Run Windows Update (in your Start menu) regularly - say, once a week - and make sure you install all critical security updates (Windows Update does use Internet Explorer - this is about the only time I use Internet Explorer when I'm on a Windows machine).

The above is a solid day's work but you should be doing all these things even if you do have to reinstall Windows.
    Ttengchill Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vingogly View Post
    By "reboot" I'm assuming you really mean reinstall Windows? First of all, it will help if you specify the version of Windows you're running: XP, Vista, 98, 2000. Chances are you've got registry problems and/or a whole bunch of spyware/adware lurking on your computer. Try these things first before you reinstall Windows (all are free and I've provided links for all of them):

Download and run CCleaner - especially, the registry cleaner part.

Download and run AVG free - this will eliminate any viruses you may have gotten infected with.

Download and run AdAware Free - this will clean out most/all adware you may have gotten infected with (download the Ad-Aware 2008 Free version, not the Plus version).

Also download and run Spybot Search & Destroy - this will help get rid of any spyware you've got floating around on your PC. Get it from the link I've provided, there are some imposters out there.

Finally, if you're using Internet Explorer for your everyday browsing, switch to Firefox 3 instead. Internet Explorer is one of the primary routes viruses and spyware use to get onto your PC. Internet Explorer is needed for Windows Update, but you shouldn't use it for everyday browsing unless you know what you're doing.

Some additional advice: Don't open attachments in email; download them and scan before opening. Turn off HTML display in your email client. Don't install screensavers or "free" software unless it's from a trusted source - and even then be suspicious. Run Windows Update (in your Start menu) regularly - say, once a week - and make sure you install all critical security updates (Windows Update does use Internet Explorer - this is about the only time I use Internet Explorer when I'm on a Windows machine).

The above is a solid day's work but you should be doing all these things even if you do have to reinstall Windows.

But how would I be able to do that since I can't access on my Firefox or either Internet explorer? I'm just borowing my bro's loptop for now...
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 28, 2008, 05:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttengchill View Post
    But how would i be able to do that since i can't access on my firefox or either Internet explorer? I'm just borowing my bro's loptop for now...
    Download the software on your brother's laptop, copy it to a USB keychain drive, and use that to install on your HP. If you don't have a USB keychain drive, you can buy an 8Gb one for 10USD at TigerDirect.com (or your local office supply store).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to reboot my computer [ 1 Answers ]

How to reboot my computer from the strt

How do I reboot my computer? [ 6 Answers ]

My computer isfull of spyware adware viruses etc. is there any way I can get rid of these or even start fresh? Almost a new computer.

How do I reboot my computer and start frest as though it was a new computer [ 17 Answers ]

My computer is very slow I want to reboot it from the start

Reboot computer [ 1 Answers ]

I need help to reboot my hole computer clean can u help me please Thank you

View more questions Search