Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2006, 09:16 PM
    Jack the Ripper identified.
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...269526,00.html

Read the link. Interesting ugh? I think this was Jack the Ripper.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2006, 04:07 AM
    Very interesting. I've seen documentaries over the years that discuss 2-3 individuals that were at the top of the suspect list. Was Kosminski one of them?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2006, 08:06 AM
    From what I can gather, he is the #1 suspect and the chief investigators back in the day believed he was Jack the Ripper.
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2006, 10:04 AM
    I see that they are saying that now, but the guy's name and occupation did not ring a bell as one of the 2-3 that have been bandied about for years on History Channel, etc. specials I've seen. Was just curious.

I do see, though, that it's big news all over the net now. Very interesting!

... now if they could only find which endzone or sidewalk Jimmy Hoffa is under, maybe there's a clue who put him there :p
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Jul 17, 2006, 01:11 PM
    Rick I think that one of the previous suspects was a surgeon.

Dang, I can't find it... I'll keep looking. That is interesting that they think they have found the guy.
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2006, 01:55 PM
    I do remember one of the top suspects bandied about was a surgeon... but don't recall that any of them was a hairdresser.

... so if Kosminski was not one of the main known suspects, I can't help but wonder how in the world this "new info" was suppressed for so long. The article does not mention that part of the equation.

It just does not make sense in my mind. With the surety that the Police felt that it was Kosminski - and the seriousness of the crimes - it just seems odd that there's not more info about their pursuit of him.

... no doubt more info will come out on this one I think.
    Jay_Jay Posts: 74, Reputation: 15

Jul 17, 2006, 02:18 PM
    Some info taken straight from the local police force the doctor was on the list ! Please see link here for more info. some good info and facts on the website.

Kosminski, a poor Polish Jew resident in Whitechapel;

Montague John Druitt, a 31 year old barrister and school teacher who committed suicide in December 1888;

Michael Ostrog, a Russian-born multi-pseudonymous thief and confidence trickster, believed to be 55 years old in 1888, and detained in asylums on several occasions;

Dr Francis J. Tumblety, 56 Years old, an American 'quack' doctor, who was arrested in November 1888 for offences of gross indecency, and fled the country later the same month, having obtained bail at a very high price.
    helper_robot Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2006, 07:52 AM
    That's fascinating. Jack the Ripper spawned so many conspiracy theories and weird hypotheses; it's good to hear some actual well researched statements about him

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About my jack russell [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old darling jack russell. He just got a rabie shot yesterday. March 5. today he is very calm, and quite, he won't eat or drink. He just sleeps. Is this the reaction to the rabie shot. Please someone answer my question. This is my first dog. I am elderly. Got him for a...

Dvd ripper [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all I'm just wondering what the best dvd ripper is:)

Jack the Ripper responses [ 5 Answers ]

I need to know a site or a book that has some responses to the Jack the ripper murders by eyewitnesses and the media. I need this for a very important history assignment. Please help!

Jack The Ripper [ 8 Answers ]

I am doing a psychology project on Jack The Ripper. I need to write a report about his psycological make-up, and history. Do you have any information for me? Also, has there been any new evidence proving or disproving who actually committed the murders? Thanks-

View more questions Search