Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Selenaland Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2008, 03:20 PM
    Get legal status after marriage
    Hello, I got marriade a week ago and want to start to fill up the forms to get a legal status.
    I came to US with J-1 viza and supposed to work in Wisconsin state, but I did not come there. So angency canceled my viza.
    I know the forms I need to fill up for the beginig:I-130,I-485,G-325 A, I-765,and I-864 is later. Do I need the form I-485 Supplement A? What else do I have to fill up? What documents do I need to send ?
    Thank you!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2008, 04:38 PM

Marriage is not a for sure to get citizenship. If you are not currently here legal, it is very possible they will require you to return to your country before applying for a new visa.

Dec 27, 2008, 04:57 PM

This is not what I was asking(( anyway thank you!
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 27, 2008, 06:36 PM

If my understanding is correct, your visa has been canceled prior to marriage which means you are now out of status. What you need is an immigration attorney.

Dec 27, 2008, 08:09 PM

I don't have anought money to have the immigration attorney;'(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal status (student visa) becoming legal resident? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a legal resident green card holder and have been so for 28 years. I met someone and fell in love and got married. The problem is she is here on a student visa. I would like to know if it is possible for her to obtain legal obtain status. There are a few circumstances that I feel that may...

Marriage and legal citizenship [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are supposed to be getting married feb 14 2009. He is from jamaica and came here on a track scholarship. He has been married twice both ending in less than a year. He keeps all of his legal paperwork in his car that I do not have access to. He also tells me that after we get...

How to get legal after marriage [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I got married three years ago and we hesitated to act on getting legal because people say its hard to get papers these days? What should I do and where should I begin? I am a US citizen and my husband is not and without papers her in america.

Marriage - Tax Status [ 7 Answers ]

I am converting from OPT to H1(Indian Citizen) in October and getting married to an Indian Citizen whoo has never been to U.S.A. in December 06. We are coming back to U.S. in January 07. What would be my status for tax purposes - Married / Single?? Please advice.

View more questions Search