Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frustr8edbather Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2008, 02:55 PM
    vibrating shower supply
    I recently had someone install a Pricepfister 3 handle tub/shower set with a center diverter handle. We are now having a problem with it where the shower stem and head begin to vibrate violently whenever it seems the pressure through the lines becomes too great. I have removed the showerhead to determine if there was any blockage and the "hammering" continues... Please help if you have any advice.. Hopefully it will not involve destroying the new tiles we have just installed. Thanks so much!!
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2008, 11:11 PM

The bibb washer has come loose and is vibrating. Take the screw out and pinch [gnarl] the threads slightly so they do not loosen by themselves.
    frustr8edbather Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 11:21 AM

doug238, you were right on the money. I removed the entire diverter assembly and one of the clerks at Lowe's was kind enough to replace it at no charge since I still had the receipt for the initial purchase. I am now back in shower heaven!! Thanks again for sharing your wisdom.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 28, 2008, 11:22 AM

Simple solutions..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vibrating Shower [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a multi story condo, and the pipes in one of my 2 bathrooms shower seems to be humming. When I turn on the shower it seems to subside but when I turn it off, the humming resumes. I can feel the pipes vibrating inside the wall, but cannot tell if it is originating from my shower or if it...

Vibrating Shower Pipes [ 3 Answers ]

When the shower is running and someone turns on any tap or flushes any toilet in the house, the shower pipes begin to vibrate making a pulsating knocking kind of noise. The showers have the water regulators and the shower water controls are the single dial turning type. So usually we turn the...

Vibrating shower [ 1 Answers ]

My shower pipes vibrate and make a loud noise when the water is turned too far to the hot side, Unless you turn it all the way hot, then it is scalding. What do I do to fix this and will I have to replace all piping to fix it?

Loud Vibrating Shower Pipe [ 3 Answers ]

When turning on the hot water in the upstairs shower of my 4 year old property, there is a loud vibrating sound like a harley davidson or jackhammer coming from through the wall. If the pressure is turned up high it goes away, but that is a lot of (hot) water being wasted. This only affects the hot...

Vibrating pipes when using shower [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I've been having trouble with my pipes vibrating when using the stand up shower in my condo aprtment unit. To give some background info, my washroom has both a bathtub (with a faucet and two taps, hot and cold) and a separate stand up shower (with a showerhead and two taps, hot and...

View more questions Search