Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    douger2006 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2006, 05:23 PM
    HP Office Jet K60 All in One Power Problem
    I simply moved my All in One Printer to another location in the house. I plugged it in and now there is no display and no power. There is power at the plug and I checked that there was power through the little transformer. Is there a hidden fuse in this printer? I cannot figure out how to even take it apart to check. Any advice is welcome. It is a nice printer and hate to just throw it out and would hate to spend hundreds to get it repaired.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2006, 12:57 AM
    First things first - put it back where it was. See if it works there. This way at least you can see if it is defintely the printer or it's power supply that are dead.

If any fuse has blown it would be in the plug for the power supply - not the printer itself. Get a fuse tester and see if that fuse is OK still.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 17, 2006, 06:13 AM
    You really have an old machine. I checked and a replacement transformer is not available from HP.

Frankly, it probably time to replace it. Here are some suggestions:

http://h30216.www3.hp.com/ASA/Contro...roductId=97366
    deetek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2006, 03:56 PM
    Wow ! I just moved to another apt- I carefully moved my HP k60 and the piece of crap won't turn on anymore either. After 4 years in the same spot, it won't work anymore!
    Huh?? :mad:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 4, 2006, 05:23 AM
    Define not working?

Also, the fact that it worked fine for 4 yrs indicates its not "a piece of crap"! The effective life of an inkjet printer is between 3-5 years. So even if it has died, you have gotten your money's worth out of it.
    douger2006 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 02:11 PM
    Thank you for the good answers. I tried many things. I spent a lot of money for this machine. I was upset that it didn't work anymore. I paid around 500 for it years ago. I ended up dumping it in the garbage can and buying a new one. Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Power Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 20 amp breaker that is powering a portion of my pool house. I am having a problem with the circuit breaker popping without anything plugged in to the outlets. I also have a GFI outlet which is my first outlet in the string and that is not popping first. Any idea on what I need to check...

Problem installing Office 2003 SP2 [ 6 Answers ]

When I check the system properties on my computer (Dell Dimension 4600 w/Windows XP) it says Home Edition 2002, Service Pack 2 but when I try to download upgrades from Microsoft, I get a message that says "Office 2003 Security Pack 2 not installed". I've tried to download it several times but get...

Microsoft Office Problem? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey everyone. I have Windows XP. I do a system restore every couple of months on my Sony Vaio to speed the computer up. I have two drives (C) and (D). The system restore deletes everything on my C drive but D is uneffected. So I decided to install Microsoft office on D so that I wouldn't have...

Problem Installing Office 2000 [ 1 Answers ]

I've recently re-installed Win 98 (ancient - I know!) and I have no Office software installed. I then went to install office 2000 and the autorun brings up the Windows Installer screen with the message "Preparing to install". It then disappears and nothing else happens. Can anybody help me with...

Problem with Ms office startup and others [ 1 Answers ]

I am running Windows98, I am having a problem,whenever I click any Ms office program like ms word,ms excel etc... the Warning stop sign message appears like this (x)This application must be installed to run. Please run Setup from From the location where you originally installed the...

View more questions Search