Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JC1234 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2008, 08:46 AM
    Moen shower no HOT water
    I have the same issue with my shower. I tried relocating the anti-scald device and still no HOT water, just warm. I see from the posts above that the next step is to remove the big chrome cover. My cover does not have the 2 screws holding it in place. I'm not sure what is holding it in place. My question is "How do I remove the cover without damaging it"??

Thanks,

Jeff
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2008, 11:15 PM

It has a snap on cover on top of the cover

Dec 28, 2008, 09:50 AM

I figured out that the chrome sleeve is screwed on. I sprayed some WD-40 on the threads and then put a small piece of rubber on the jaws on the pliers. It came right off with no damge.
    I took the parts to the big box store and they did not know which model it came from.
    Here are a couple pictures in hope someone can tell me the part numbers of the needed replacement parts and I would also like to know which model this is. Here is a picture of the faucet parts.

Snapfish: Share Photo:Registration

THANK YOU!
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2008, 08:06 PM

You said moen, price pfister has that style of cover. I did not know moen did. I looked at the pic, looks like price pfister to me.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 28, 2008, 09:17 PM

There is a ring under the handle that prevent handle from turning all the way to the hot side.
    Remove handle and look for black, plastic ring with teeth. It slips over the white plastic stem with stop. Take it out and toss it. Reinstall handle.

See the "Temperature Limit Stop Kit" in the enclosed exploded view...
    Attached Images

Dec 29, 2008, 07:18 AM
    Doug,
    You are right, my mistake, it is a Price Pfister faucet. Should I replaced part 974-291? That's the black cartridge looking device.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2008, 06:23 AM

Your hot limit is similar to the one posted in technique but looks different. There is an tiny o ring on the stem part you got to take off to adjust. No need for a new cartridge. Don't damage the o ring.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 30, 2008, 07:48 AM

That round cover is held in against the wall by the middle chrome tube that is screwed in. Remove handle, and untwist the chrome tube by hand. Use channel locks if too tight...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen hot water in shower stopped [ 4 Answers ]

I have what looks very much like model 82683 PosiTemp (http://www.moen.com/shared/pdf/instruction_sheets/INS898C.pdf) The difference is on the website the handle appears round but mine is tear drop shape. This is a 2 year old house and this particular bath tub was not used for many months. Now the...

No hot water from my Moen shower [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Moen shower that is a little over 2 years old and is almost never used. Of course with the holidays coming up I have guests coming and I noticed that I am not getting any hot water out of the shower. I get lots of cold and plenty of pressure. Also the sink in that bathroom is...

Moen positemp shower w/ no hot water [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I've read several Q's and A's here. I guess my situation seems unique, so I'll ask. I have hot water everywhere else in house. I have decent cold water pressure in shower When I turn knob to 180 degrees shower goes from good cold pressure to trickle cold w/ no sign of hot. When I pull...

No hot water from Moen shower faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Moen shower faucet. There is no hot water coming out but the sink has plenty of hot water. Any ideas?

View more questions Search