Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blue_st4r Posts: 59, Reputation: 0

Dec 27, 2008, 01:50 AM
    What's the hurry eh?
    Hello again everyone, If you've read any of my other posts you'll get a better picture of this..

Reading someone's question I realised that Im a desperate guy looking for a relationship with a female.

In short, Im 20, depressed, have no self-esteem, average height... etc

I have a lot of friends who are single too, but its always at the back of my head. And I only think of guys who have slept around lots and compare them to me. And I think what's wrong with me, or I think I deserve that chic better than that guy. And so on...

Why am I so desperate? I know that its typical of a guy to check a girl out or to think of sex every 7 seconds or something like that..

At my workplace, If there's a new staff member [chic], I would almost try and be extra nice and grab her attn. I would treat her as a potential girl friend. And this is what (I think) creeps the girls sometimes.. Also if a girl starts acting nice to me my brain thinks that she's interested in me.. And then comes a tone of bricks on my head when I find out that she already has a boyfriend but she is genuinly a nice person to all

Why can I not calm myself down? Or how do I calm myself down? It's the thoughts not so much the actions that I want to control. Coz I know that If I don't bump into her, I would still be thinking of her all day at work asking myself what she thinks of me.

Anyone?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2008, 08:34 AM

Well you need first to stop thinking of them as "chicks" and as a person. And you don't treat them anyway but being nice.

And in the end, getting dates and going out is a matter of numbers, ask enough people out and you go out on dates, on the dates is when you decide if you wish to continue to date or not
    mrscoltweaver Posts: 240, Reputation: 20

Dec 27, 2008, 08:38 AM

First off, don't poop where you eat-the work place is no place to start a relationship and that, in itself, might be where the appeal lies with this girl. You shouldn't so you want to! You're young, stop getting in a freakin hurry! Join some clubs, get involved in a church-a big church where there are lots of groups that do lots of things together. Stop acting like Eeyore and get out there. Girls won't like you if you don't like yourself. "Desperate" is not a word for a healthy 20 year old. Quit worrying about what other guys are doing. Look inside yourself and find things that interest you that you might like to try: dirt bikes, fishing, etc. If you start doing these things, you might accidentally find others with the same interests and BOOM, you got yourself a date.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2008, 05:25 PM

It's a numbers game, my friend. :)

"Hit on" at least five girls a day... in the grocery store, laundromat, out shopping for clothes, at the computer store... on and on... have your lines ready and go for it. Ask her out for coffee. Good time to talk after the first meeting. If she is tied up, ask her if she has any friends.

Insert your spine and get out there in public and start "hittin"

Best wishes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very much in a hurry! Need Respons fast [ 5 Answers ]

My nephew and his ex just recently broke up, his ex has a new boyfriend and he is moving her and my baby nephew to California. ( we live in Oregon ) Can't my nephew stop that, isn't that kidnapping? My nephew has filed for joint custody ( but it hasn't gone to court yet ) can that help him stop her...

Physical science hurry [ 1 Answers ]

Determin the mass in grams of each of the following: ____. A .60 mol of neon ________ c. 1.9 mol of selenium ____ B. 5.01 mol of xenon ______ d. 3.3 mol of gold

Getting a divore what's mine and what's not? [ 3 Answers ]

Been married for five yrs two kids one is 4yrs and the other is 1 ,got a house 1 week before we got married and I never got my name on put on the deed.but have been helping with the mortgage the whole time,she makes a lot more money than I do and I also caught her in an affair with her ex...

View more questions Search