Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2006, 08:55 AM
    Firefox toolbar settings suddenly aren't "sticking"
    For some reason, starting just yesterday, my toolbar settings are are lost every time I shut it down. I've not added any plugins or changed anything with FF. Weird.

Any clues what could cause this?

Thanks!
    Here_To_Help- Jon Posts: 97, Reputation: 26

Jul 16, 2006, 09:05 AM
    Agree.. weird. What version of FF? Do you mean you add an icon to the toolbar and next time its not there?
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2006, 09:16 AM
    I'm on 1.5.0.4... and yes, it is exactly as you describe: as of yesterday, every time I open FF, it's on the default settings.
    Here_To_Help- Jon Posts: 97, Reputation: 26

Jul 16, 2006, 09:34 AM
    If you can (without losing key data) do a System Restore to a point before this started happening. It's a little bit of a cop out, but it may "solve" this issue in a back door kind of way.
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2006, 02:52 AM
    I'm on the same version here at work so now am sure it's not a bug with the latest FF version... but since first posting this, I found tons of crap that my son downloaded on the laptop that has the problem... so will do a spyware/adware/virus scan and see if that solves it.
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2006, 02:18 PM
    For anyone who runs into this, I finally found the answer. It's a corrupt localstore.rdf file:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Toolbar_cu...set_on_startup

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Firefox question about the "tabbed browsing" [ 4 Answers ]

I recently started using Firefox browser, unfortunately, I messed around with customizing it and somehow It does not do the "tabbed browsing" feature. I lost it and cannot find where to fix it. I did delete the program, the Firefox and reinstalled it hoping it would go back to the default...

Firefox toolbar customizaton: "flexible space" [ 1 Answers ]

Nothing in Help for the "flexible space"... I thought if I put one in there, I could stretch it to be as wide as I like... but it does not stretch. All it really is is a skinny space. What exactly is the flexible space and how do I use it? Thanks!

Windows & Firefox: Right Click "Open With" Option [ 5 Answers ]

Been mostly using FF this year but some sites don't play well - and some impossible. I've got shortcuts to these sites on my desktop. I'd really love to "designate" them as IE shortcuts so that they'll open with IE if I click on them. ... but if this is not possible, I'd like to at least...

View more questions Search