Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JeffX Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2006, 08:15 AM
    OBD II Error Code Not in Haynes Manual
    I have a 1999 Nissan Sentra with a 1.6 L engine. My check engine light went on. I went to the local auto parts store and they used their hand held computer to check the computer. I gave an Evap Systems Malfunction reading. I replaced the PCV valve and after a while the light went off, but it came back on. I used a Haynes manual to check the on board computer. The computer uses OBD II. I counted the number of times the Check Engine light flashed and tried to find the error code in the manual. The light flashed for 5 long followed by 7 short flashes. This code is not in the Haynes manual. Does anyone know what it means?
    CaRnI Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 04:20 PM
    Error code P0445
    "The PCM has determined that a short circuit condition exists in the electrical circuit for the purge control valve in the evaporative emmission control system"

The code says it's an short circuit, that means your problem is electrical. Follow the wires from the evap canister to the purge control valve and back to the ecu and you should find your problem. If u can't find it' try replacing the sensor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Biosinfo.inf file not found, error code 4100 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've got an old extra pc which I'm trying to test a copy of xp on, I've got win xp boot disk(s) and win xp cd. It gets to inspecting computers hardware configuration and then stops and displays the error code. Any suggetions would be great, Thanks

Po445 error code [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to trouble shoot this code? Just had the PCM replaced and then got this error. Thanks

Error code Lu1875 with Norton [ 2 Answers ]

Hey anyone... I'm Bob, a rookie at this asking a question stuff, but I really need help with a Norton Live Update problem... recently I renewed my Norton antivirus subscription... have done the live update before and after the renewed subscription and never a problem... now when I run the live...

Automatic to Manual [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possiable to change my automatic 93 honda civic, which is automatic to a manual? And if so is it really hard to do so?

Code 19 Error - Keyboard Freeze Problems [ 2 Answers ]

I recently removed several unused programs from my computer. Somehow it seems this process corrupted my registry. Touching any key on my keyboard now freezes the mouse pointer. Oddly enough the mouse and computer work fine until I touch a key on the keyboard. Processes already run continue to...

View more questions Search