Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nara Athoi Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Dec 26, 2008, 10:35 AM
    I think my puppy is seriously sick! What's wrong with him? How to cure it?
    I got a new puppy about 2 and a half week ago. He's about 3 to 4 weeks old. He's always been very lively and playful but for the last 4 days he's been acting very strange. He barely moves,doesn't run anymore, nor does he play. Has small eyes. Pees very little and a lot of times in a row, a little here and a little there. He puts his head in his bowl of food but doesn't eat much. It looks as though he want's to eat but can't. He's losing hair too.
    He went to the vet but the doc was a terrible one. He gave him liquid vitamins and a capsol
    Of cod liver oil on everyday baisis. It's not working and he looks even worse after coming from the vet. That's the best medical care I am capable of providing right now.
    Please help me. If only I knew what was wrong with him. Please response. I pray every night for him and he means way too much to me. He was a stray. He was chewing plastic, deserted when I found him. I really love my dog. Please help me. I can't this idea out og my head that he's dying. Please response! With something. Anything.

Please.
    Thank you.
    mrscoltweaver Posts: 240, Reputation: 20

Dec 26, 2008, 11:21 AM

Is this a puppy or an adult dog? You need to take him back and have him rechecked either at the previous vet or another one. You didn't give much information to go on: not eating-stomach upset, intestinal parasites (was he tested for?), if a young dog-Parvo (is he vomiting, having diarrhea, depressed?). What type of food are you offering? On the hair loss: poor quality diet, skin parasites such as demodex or sarcopse, flea infestation, low Thyroid, etc. See? You REALLY need to get him in somewhere! Good luck!
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2008, 11:28 AM

Take your pup to a localanimal shelter and turn him over to them. They will treat his medical condition as he was too young to be taken from his mom. She may have abandoned him because she sensed something was wrong. After they treat the pup they will find a home for him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very sick puppy very sick [ 12 Answers ]

I know I have been reading on this site and others and before I go any further I know my pup needs a doctor. I can not afford one at all right now and they won't make a payment plan with me because I have horrible credit. I have an 8 months old black lab that I was given for free or they were...

4 week old puppy lethagic and sick.what's wrong? [ 10 Answers ]

My chihuhua/z- zu had a liter of two, a boy and a girl. The girl was born two times the size of the boy but now the boy has grown to double the size of the girl. She started to become lethargic and wasn't eating from the mom, so I bought her formula last Thursday. She was eating regularly until...

My puppy is sick! Do you know what's wrong? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 3 month old lab mix, she has not been eating much the last few days and last night and today has not even sniffed her food. I am really worried she threw up 2 days ago and had a little runny poop this morning and my friend that watches her while I'm at work said that she has been very...

Sick Puppy [ 2 Answers ]

:eek: Help, I just bought two teacup chihuahuas. They are brother and sister. One is lively, and plays all day. The other obviously calm (personality) but like overnight, puppy starts moaning for no reason, is stubborn about eating, no vomiting, no diarrhea yet (seldom eats) sleeps the entire day....

Tea bags can cure sick building syndrome [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of or read this report: "Tea bags can cure sick building syndrome. People who move intoa new house can suffer nausea and sore throats due to the chemicals from fresh paint and glue. One of the chielf culprits is formaldehyde. Now the Tokyo Metropolitan Consumer Center has found...

View more questions Search