Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CICOS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2008, 03:50 AM
    Windows can not find "RVHOST.exe"
    Windows can not find "RVHOST.exe" please help me...
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Jan 1, 2009, 09:51 PM

Using Internet Explorer, go to:

Free Virus Scan - Free Antivirus Software | Norton Security Scan

Click "Continue to Symantec Security Check", in the next window click No when asked if you want to close this window, that will bring you to a window where you should click Virus Detection.

Write down exactly anything it finds, then go to: : and do a search for what was found. Symantec usually has a removal tool and/or directions for removing manually. Make sure that you follow the instructions for removal, step by step, especially the part regarding disabling System Restore.
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2009, 11:05 PM

Hi,
    It is virus, please end the process from windows task manager for rvhost.exe and scan with Smithfraudfix in safe mode.then scan your computer through Malwarebyte in normal mode .
    prasad1996 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2009, 07:31 PM

Windows cannot find RVHOST.exe. What should I do?
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

May 15, 2009, 07:58 PM

Did you run the free scan from Symantec as mentioned earlier? It will tell you what to do - if it finds anything.
    Libran Posts: 43, Reputation: 0

May 20, 2009, 07:27 AM

Running any antivirus won't help, since it seems virus has been removed since it can't be found.
    Anyway, just remove it from startup
    Do this
    Ctrl+r ---> type msconfig ---> In start up tab find rvhost.exe and uncheck it and restart you computer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows can not find "RVHOST.exe" [ 7 Answers ]

After load windows I Receive this message " Windows canot find 'RVHOST.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a files, click the button, and the click Search. Any help

"windows cannot find msconif.exe" [ 3 Answers ]

Also "windows cannot find 'helpctr.exe' What is going on?

An exception occurred while trying to run ""c:WINDOWSsystem32gzmrotate.dll"DllVerif [ 1 Answers ]

HI.. this things happen to me just last week. When I start up my laptop, an error message appear - (An exception occurred while trying to run ""c:\WINDOWS\system32\gzmrotate.dll"DllVerify") What is this and I can't ger rip of it!. Please help me!

Another Startup Error "missing RVHOST.EXE" [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... whenever I logon on my windows I get a message says (Windows cannot find the missing file RVHOST.EXE). Please advice me to solve this problem without formating. Thanks.

View more questions Search