Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Inquisitiveme08 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2008, 08:46 PM
    Loser or better?
    So where can I start huh? Lol well a short version of this is my fiancé is kind of a loser...
    No aspirations, treats his mom like crap, no goals, he's rude to all my friends, rude to all his friends, (to paint a picture for you, he spits,burps, and farts in front of any one at any time, my friend is in an interacial relationship and he's said some pretty colorful things to her about him) he doesn't spend any money on his mom or do any chores around the house. He swears he knows what respect is but he just hasn't the single clue. He's not that smart in some aspects he is but in others I don't think he knows anything. He is 24 years old and I am tired of his disrespect and rudeness to others especially me. There is this other guy however who is in school very open minded likes the things I like SO SMART I can learn a ton from him, lives on his own and goes to school. I find myself asking if maybe I should give myself a break with the fiancé and try other things.
    So my question is just because I have a ring on my finger does that mean I need to be miserable? I feel like I'm with him because I need something I can't do for myself. And if I break up with him I feel like I would be scared. I want to give this a shot with this other guy but I want someone else's opinion. Thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 25, 2008, 08:51 PM

Give him his ring back, and do whatever you want. DUH!!
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2008, 09:16 PM

I understand the fear. What if this other guy doesn't work out, where will you be? Do what makes you happy and moves you forward. Even being alone can be a positive, happy and educational experience. Society still tells women that they are only complete if a man is there... Bull!

Marriage to a loser does not change the person. If you are miserable with him now, picture yourself still putting up with his rudeness and picking up after him and his children 15 years down the road.

Take care of you. Love yourself, and the right guy will come along.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2008, 10:00 PM

There are two issues at hand.

The first is you are not happy about your current boyfriend.

The second is the other guy.

You need to deal with the first one, first, and that is give the ring back and find some happiness again. Then and only then would I start to date the other guy or any guy. If you are not happy no guy is going to want to stay with you.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2008, 10:26 PM

Get rid of the burping farting dude

Why did you even agree to be his bride to be? When you have feelings like this
    Is beond me

Or did you find another hot dude and thought ahh well my boyfriend is crap and I finally found something better?
    Whatever your feelings

Move on simple as that

This posts sounds like you are going to do it anyway

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to get my loser ex rights taken away [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 11 month old little girl and her father only ever sees her when its convent for him. He has no job and spends all of him money on buy and smokeing pot. He won't quit to get a better job to support her. And when he dose see her he has his mom take care of her so he can call me and make...

Loser ex comes bαck? αnd I'm mαrried. [ 14 Answers ]

K well this situαtion I find kindα funny. But it's been α couple dαys thαt someone cαlls αnd hαngs up repeαtedly.. first I thought k it's α prαnk no biggie. But then lαst night someone finαlly αnswered:confused: αnd it wαs my (drunk) ex -- like from oooo 2003-2004ish? Lol I don't even remember...

My mom's loser boyfriend [ 2 Answers ]

So 4 years ago my parents got a divorce, I was 13. I kind of expected it so it didn't hit me as hard as I thought. My mom started dating this guy who was 23 and she was 37. I was a bit bothered by this but at the time she let me do practically whatever I wanted, and I was a rebellious teen I guess...

Are you a loser? [ 21 Answers ]

What is your definition about "loser"? I constantly think people are losers if they drop school because they spent their money traveling instead of paying tuition, or people made big mistakes at work(like talking rubbish about boss,steal stuff), or people who don't pass tests because they don't...

View more questions Search