Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zingo1963 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Mueller Climatrol furnace blowing cold air.
    We have a Mueller Climatrol furnace, model #137-115, and when I woke up about 6 hours ago I discovered that there was only cold air blowing through the vents. The pilot light is lit, but I have no clue where to go from here. Can anyone help?
    Would like to resolve this asap, as it's Christmas, and have family coming by.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2008, 09:03 AM

Check thermostat settings first. This may sound trivial, but it is also commonly overlooked.

Dec 25, 2008, 09:54 AM

Have thermostat set to 70, and it's currently below 50 actual. If you mean a thermostat on the furnace itself, have no clue where to look for it.
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2008, 09:57 AM

Is the selector set to heat? Fan switch set to auto? If so, then set selector to off, see if blower stops. Post results.

Dec 25, 2008, 11:07 AM

Yes, it is set to heat... and on auto. Was working fine last night, and we changed nothing.
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2008, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KC13 View Post
    Is the selector set to heat? Fan switch set to auto? If so, then set selector to off, see if blower stops. Post results.
    Did you get all of this? There is a point to it...
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 25, 2008, 07:37 PM

Do you have a fan/limit switch with a round metal dial on it?

Dec 25, 2008, 07:40 PM

Thank you all for you help. The problem has been resolved. There was apparently a fault within the thermostat. It turned the fans on, but not the heat. It has been replaced with a much more efficient one.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 25, 2008, 07:45 PM

Glad you got it fixed, take care, and Merry Christmas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace sometimes blowing cold air [ 7 Answers ]

We bought a brand-new house in May 2002. This winter (I don't think it happened last winter) when it got really cold outside, the furnace blew cold air. When it warms up outside, it starts blowing warm again. We had someone come and look at it and he told us it had a 30 degree heat pump?? And when...

My gas furnace is blowing cold air [ 11 Answers ]

:eek: my furnace is blowing cold air. Last night I noticed that my furnace was shuting off when the thermostat read 64 degrees. But we had the therm. Set to 70 degrees. Now today it is only blowing cold air I have tried turning it on and off again to spark some flame? That did nothing. Now the...

Furnace blowing cold air.starts out warm, goes to cold. [ 6 Answers ]

Hoping for help here. I recently had my ignitor replaced. Before that, the furnace wasn't working at all. Now it starts blowing warm (not hot) air, then gradually over a period of a couple of hours, the air cools down until it is completely cold and the temperature in the house drops drastically....

View more questions Search