Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DASCHUND Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Dec 24, 2008, 10:11 AM
    My dog smells
    My dog was lost for 2 months and when we found her she had bald spot, very skinny and had fleas and smelled bad. I brought her took her to the vet and they gave me medication but she still has a smell. What should I do?:confused:
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2008, 10:56 AM

Give her a bath, change her diet and wait.
    mrscoltweaver Posts: 240, Reputation: 20

Dec 25, 2008, 03:43 PM

Did you receive and finish the full course of antibiotics? You may need to return to the vet for a recheck and ask for a skin scraping to detect any external parasites she may have. There are some great prescrpition shampoos: you will need one that is a "3". That is, takes care of seborrheic, fungal and bacterial skin problems all with one shampoo. Add omega 3 fatty acids to her diet, feed a higher end food, and, if you are in a "high flea" area, religiously apply the PRESCRIPTION flea control purchased from your vet clinic once monthly. Don't bathe her any more than your vet says to. Skin infection is the leading cause for smelly dogs-it may be as simple as she needs another round. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fireplace smells [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, When I purchased our house it had a fireplace insert. On some days it smells like burnt charcoal or even soot. We have lived in the house for 12 years and it has always been doing this. The house was built in 1980 and the insert was installed in 1990 by the previous owner. We have never used it...

Bathroom Smells [ 4 Answers ]

In my master bathroom there's a smell and I can't find it. I have changed the seal under the toilet, Pour clorox down the toilet, shower, both sinks and the whirlpool flush it out the next morning and the smell is still there. The two bathroom is fine, one upstairs and the half is downstairs. I...

Dog smells [ 2 Answers ]

How can I keep my house from smelling like a dog

Smells Bad [ 9 Answers ]

Hi This is really imbarrising for me but anyway. I have a viginal discharce its kind of pale yellow (usually) and it SMELLS REALLY REALLY BAD. I wash every day some thime 2 times. I don't no what theis is from. This is a major turn off 4 guys as well. I don't want to go see a doctor cuzz its...

Air smells a bit moldy [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed that the air coming out of the vents smelled kind of moldy, like how an old car's air comes out. I can tell because the air in the house smells a bit moldy as well. I got 5 houseplants because I read that they improve air quality, and that have quite a bit. But the moldy air still...

View more questions Search