Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2008, 08:26 AM
    visual studio
    I selected c++ when I first started it and it asked me what language I would like to work in, but I can't figure out how to change it to c#, how would I do this?
    Thanks
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Dec 24, 2008, 04:07 PM
    If you have Visual C# installed, it may be selected as the type when creating a new project. Is that what you're asking?
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2008, 04:10 PM

Oh, so would it work in c# if I opened a project that was started in c#
    Hardware Expert

Dec 24, 2008, 04:45 PM
    Yes, if C# is listed as one of the project types selectable in the new project window. What version of Visual Studio do you have? VS2008 may be different, I haven't upgraded yet.
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2008, 10:00 AM

05, I was wondering because I've got something I need to work on over christmas is all
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2008, 06:53 PM

Hmmmm OK it didn't work, I opened it and it didn't work so I downloaded xna game studio, which I've also been using with it but still no, any ideas how I can get it to work?
    Hardware Expert

Dec 28, 2008, 08:17 PM
    I'm not clear on what you're trying to accomplish. I haven't used XNA Game Studio. Why does Visual Studio need to be in the picture? Can you use Visual C# Express Edition?

This system requirements listed at Microsoft XNA Game Studio 3.0 and also XNA Team Blog : Announcing: XNA Game Studio 3.0 Community Technical Preview (CTP) indicate VS2008 w/C# support or VC# 2008 Express needed for XNA Game Studio .
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2008, 06:12 AM

Aha, the problem was I had been able to run it using visual studio when I was working on it back at unibut apparently I can't do that on my computer, however I did get it to run via c# express.
    Thanks for the help
    albear
    Hardware Expert

Dec 29, 2008, 06:43 AM
    No problem, I can wander aimlessly into a solution with the best of 'em. :o

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

XP & Visual Studio 6.0 [ 7 Answers ]

Could someone please help me. I have an old version of "Visual Studio 6.0 Pro Edition" I got from a friend who never used it. Originally this software was designed to work with Windows95 or later, or WindowsNT 4.0 or later. I have been on the net searching to see if it is compatible with XP. One...

3d studio for Mac [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, My name is Edgar. I need "3d studio Max" for Macintosh and I don't know how I can get it. :'( Nowadays, I'm downloading it by E-mule with my PC but I don't know if will work in my Macintosh.? Could you help me. Many Thank's!! ;)

View more questions Search