Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hanouda Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2008, 06:57 AM
    Am I doing the right thing here?
    Hello,
    I am 30 years old, I weight 192 and I am 5'5. I want to go down to 155 lb by June. I am not sure if that possible.

I do work out 6 days a week and sometime even 7 days a week. I do Elliptical for 60 min or 70 min at lunch time and an other 60 min at around 5 in the afternoon.

For the food I do eat just fruit and turkey sandwich most of the time and some vegetables and for my breakfast I do eat Special K with Strawberries.

Can someone tell me if I will lose weight by June, I just want to reach 155 LB but I know that I need to lose more than that.
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Dec 24, 2008, 07:30 AM

I'm not an expert.. but I know that the safe rate for weight loss is 2lbs a week. Don't do any crash diets (I can see your not, but don't be tempted) they aren't healthy. Try to avoid sugars and fats.
    Are you losing weight with what you are doing now? DO you know anyone who does weight watchers? That system of "points" works well.

Dec 24, 2008, 10:14 PM

I don't know who does the weight wachers, I heard it is a good one to lose weight.
    About the fat and sugar and even fried food, I stay away from that because I know iti s not healthy.
    So far I lost only 5 lb in 5 weeks, and I would love to lose more than a pound a week
    Cinnabar Posts: 113, Reputation: 5

Dec 25, 2008, 02:45 AM

~40 pounds by next June sounds like a realistic goal based on your post. Just keep doing what you're doing and don't get discouraged if the scale isn't moving as fast as you'd like it to. You should also really consider adding weight training to your exercise routine.

Dec 25, 2008, 04:29 AM

Thanks a lot Cinnabar, I am trying to keep up the work out as it is, and I have to stop weighting myself all the time lol, because I am afrais to be discoradged if I don't see it moving lol, but hopefully I lose that much weight I want to lose by the summer.
    Thanks for your support.
    Merry Christmas
    blue_st4r Posts: 59, Reputation: 0

Dec 25, 2008, 04:31 AM

Do what you think works and stick to it. If you stop the routine, then all those pounds will creep on to you!
    shatriya Posts: 156, Reputation: 18

Dec 30, 2008, 06:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hanouda View Post
    hello,
    I am 30 years old, I weight 192 and I am 5'5. I want to go down to 155 lb by June. I am not sure if that possible.

I do work out 6 days a week and sometime even 7 days a week. I do Elliptical for 60 min or 70 min at lunch time and an other 60 min at around 5 in the afternoon.

for the food I do eat just fruit and turkey sandwich most of the time and some vegitables and for my breakfast I do eat Special K with Strawberries.

Can someone tell me if I will lose weight by June, I just want to reach 155 LB but I know that I need to lose more than that.
    Reducing 40 pounds is not a big deal. You should have determination to do that, and I think you have it.
    1. Stop eating too much fruits, they are sweet, which means glucose and sucrose, which means fat.
    2. Start jogging and skipping, swimming if you have time. You can loose weight in no time.
    3. Reduce eating non veg food, especially sandwiches.
    4. Eat vegetables (not potato).

Dec 30, 2008, 06:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shatriya View Post
    Reducing 40 pounds is not a big deal. you should have determination to do that, and I think you have it.
    1. Stop eating too much fruits, they are sweet, which means glucose and sucrose, which means fat.
    2. Start jogging and skipping, swimming if you have time. You can loose weight in no time.
    3. Reduce eating non veg food, especially sandwiches.
    4. Eat vegetables (not potato).

Well I was thinking fruits are healthy because they are natural Sugar.
    I am working out, trying to do 2 hours of Elliptical, and trying to eat Vegitabe, I stopped eating Bread even though I was eating only 2 slices of Whole weat bread with the turkey Sandwich even though I don't put any dressing on it.
    shatriya Posts: 156, Reputation: 18

Dec 30, 2008, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hanouda View Post
    Well I was thinking fruits are healthy because they are natural Sugar.
    I am working out, tring to do 2 hours of Elliptical, and trying to eat Vegitabe, I stopped eating Bread eventhough I was eating only 2 slices of Whole weat bread with the turkey Sandwich eventhough I dont put any dressing on it.
    Its good that you are doing all those stuff, with that just follow the things I'd mentioned, trust me, your weight is going to go down.
    With that eat small meals 6 to 7 times a day, OK.

Dec 30, 2008, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shatriya View Post
    Its good that you are doing all those stuff, with that just follow the things I'd mentioned, trust me, your weight is gonna go down.
    With that eat small meals 6 to 7 times a day, ok.
    I am trying to do that, Eat 5 times a days.
    Breatfast, a snak, Lunch, a snak then dinner. And all small portions and snaks is only a snak such as 7 or 10 Almonds that is all.
    Thanks a lot for your advice and help, you really encouraged me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At home jobs good thing? Or a bad thing? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a two month old little girl, and a job I have had for almost 4 years. When I first found out I was pregnant my boss and I sat down and discussed my future with the company. We decided that after my maternity leave I would come back part time (20 hours) until January of 2009. I am now back...

Am I doing the right thing? [ 7 Answers ]

I met this guy 5 month ago in a trip... I started liking him... we continued our friendship even after returning back to our hometown... we often meet & spend time together... usually talk & sms to each other... I love him but I am not sure about his feelings... how can I know about his feelings or...

Doing the right thing? [ 18 Answers ]

Hi Just wanted to vent really - I got dumped 4 days ago by my man of 7 months - reason being that he didn't love me or ever did, the guy wasn't nasty at all in fact seemed quite upset about it all and said he couldn't make his mind up because he didn't want to risk making the wrong decision,...

View more questions Search